Best Doctors in S5??

aishalma

I have attended Firth Park for several years, I find them really good. If you phone before 10 you are almost always guaranteed an appointment. I would avoid Page Hall if I were you. My aunty and uncle attend there and can never get an appointment unless it's in a fortnight's time.

I'm with you .My daughter changed from pagehall to firth park she can get appointments much quicker.We are at pagehall can take ages getting through to reception to make an appointment.

I don't know where in S5 you are but if you can I would advise you to register with Firth Park Surgery they are brilliant, the reception staff are pleasant and helpful, the doctors are fantastic and all round care is excellent.

I would try to avoid Shiregreen Medical Centre on Bellhouse Road unless you can arrange to be ill 2 weeks in advance of making an appointment.

I have recently registered with Barnsley Road surgery. I very rarely go to the docs and only ever for non urgent things but I have already run into a problem with them as I needed to see a nurse before I could full register. I work Mon-Fri 9-5pm and really did not want to book time off work for such a non urgent appointment! The only problem is there latest appointment is 5.30pm! Meaning it is a real push for me to get there from work. I was 5 mins late to the appointment (because of the Chapletown roundabout road closure) and they would not see me. They next earliest appointment was two weeks later. A bit naff considering my last surgery was open till about 6.30pm 4 days a week plus was open Saturdays.

The vast majority of GP surgeries are run for the convenience of the staff who work there and not for the benefit of the patients

GP's should extend their surgery hours so that those who work or who have commitments with child care can have an appointment that suits them.

GP surgerys should open at LEAST 6 days a week and open for a minimum of 12 hours in a day. Until GP's start to work hours that fit in with todays society and earn the vast salaries they are given, the NHS will continue to struggle.:rant:

The vast majority of GP surgeries are run for the convenience of the staff who work there and not for the benefit of the patients

GP's should extend their surgery hours so that those who work or who have commitments with child care can have an appointment that suits them.

GP surgerys should open at LEAST 6 days a week and open for a minimum of 12 hours in a day. Until GP's start to work hours that fit in with todays society and earn the vast salaries they are given, the NHS will continue to struggle.:rant:

Would that really work?

If surgeries were open solely for the benefits of their patients, many of whom have to work for a living, then every patient would be demand to be seen either before 7am, after 8pm, or at the weekend!

chattergee`s surgery on dunninc road, shiregreen is ok. Only problem is if you want an appointment you have to ring bang on 8 that morning to get in. Leave it until 8.15 and there`s no chance.

my word, now thats a doctor i havent heard anything from for decades! dr chattergee, is he still a g.p? was a very good family friend of ours when i was a little nipper, we moved from shiregreen when i was 6 years old, we didnt see him again after that.