Man run over by supertram

Just driven down Meadow Street and looks like a major incident on Hoyle Street. A lot of police and paramedics and it looks like a tram involved.

City bound trams queuing up at Shalesmoor.

Id give the whole area a wide berth.

A friend of mine is on the tram involved. Sadly it seems someone has been hit by the tram and there are 9 police cars and 2 ambulances present so everything is at a standstill.

I just drive past its very busy, but yes someone was laid at the side of the tram, hope there going to be ok. X

I saw this too, I saw the man laying at the side of the tram. The tram windscreen was smashed so doesn't look good. I hope it wasnt fatal.

Mother in law has just been and said she drove past, the tram windscreen was broken as stated, and the casualty was trapped half way under the tram, so assume its run over them quite a bit, wasn't looking good at all.

The trams are running from Middlewood/Malin Bridge to Shalesmoor and back. Not sure about the other side. Buses seem to be running as normal.

We came past the area when it was all snarled up (on the way out) and have come past again now it's all cleared up, so the road is fine and the trams are running again.

I hope that the poor soul who ended up being hit by the tram isn't too seriously injured :(

Understand netherthorpe - the ring road - is closed and may be for some time