Of All Cars You've Owned What's Your Favourite?

My favorite has to be my first car! It was by far the cheapest & less desirable of the cars I have had yet still I feel love for it!

It was a mk4 1.3 Fiesta Finesse. It had no power steering, electric windows, central locking or anything. Occasionally you would have to thump the back seat when the fuel pump didnt turn on, but it gave me the best feeling ever being free & independent.

I can tell you my least favourite - a 1.4 petrol 206 GLX. Was glad to see that go on the scrap man's truck!

We bought a brand new green 2CV in the mid 70's, we loved it.

yeah! ... how many other cars can you take the seats out of when you want to have a picnic! :D

Best car Ì ever had was a black golf gti called Katy. (KTY777V). It never let me down and went like 'hot snot'

My favourite although it was my then husbands, (I don't drive) was a red and white Austin Metropolitan Nash. I felt like a million dollars whenever I was out and about in that especially with the top down.

Here it is

Edited by Joanl

I adored my old SAABs- they're such grand old ladies and are a positive pleasure to drive, but I just couldn't afford to keep them going on my budget.

Ah, cars. Which ones do you love or loathe the most?

Many, many years ago I was very fond of my first car - a Beetle, though admittedly I'd fitted an 1800cc engine in place of the original 1300; it did trot on.

Over the years I've tried many cars and had a long passion for the old Rover SD1, and had a few 3500 Vitesse models which were a dream of a car in their day.

Getting older now and in need of creature comforts, I've taken the step of acknowledging I'm not a kid any more, so have moved on to what I’ve always thought of as “‘old man’s cars” - Jaguars, and while they're not absolutely the cheapest cars to run, they're worth it. http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/large/1118/Jaguar-XKR-R_1.jpg

Edited by Conrod
added link

Rover P6 3500cc V8 automatic a car far ahead of its time. If I remember correctly only 3 gears but would do 75/80 mph in second gear and approx 120mph in 3rd. Bought new in August 1971 for £2120.00 amazing the difference inflation makes.

similar to this

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/alankearn/59211971_Rover_P6_3500_V8_1_-1.jpg

I had a P6 - as you say far ahead of their time - I drove one not long ago and the ride quality they give is still good by today's standards.

A Triumph Stag perrrrfect.. The engine sounded so beautiful you didn't needed the radio on. Thirsty though.

My Mk1 Golf 1.1 as i lost my viginity in it with my girlfriend at the time

For £ per smile it had to be a MR2 turbo

H reg Vauxhall cavelier SRI............