Solar Panel Megathread

so does this mean that the price of electric will fall now do to us all subsidizing those who can afford solar?

:roll:

You must be joking. It's costing us homeowners about £1 a year to subsidise the FIT Scheme at the mo, big wow. Power companies are making over £100 per year profit per household - official. If they'd accept a little less profit it wouldn't have to cost us anything. It's all hype that this is costing us householders a lot of money. Electric prices are set to hike again - and by 2021 up by 60%

Due to the reduction in the FITs being brought forward from April 2012 to December 12th 2011 there has been excessive demand on labour and materials with many wholesalers unable to cope/supply enough parts. This has been compounded as the Customs and excise are apparently checking PV imports which is causing further delays, this may be to ensure that only genuine products enter the country. Anyone looking at having an PV installation carried out before December 12th may encounter installers/suppliers charging excessive amounts. If you are paying for a PV installation then check to make sure that the installers are on MCS accredited scheme or you will not receive the FITs. Also due to this shortage some installers may look at using cheaper panels/invertors

I had signed up for free panels. All was going well until the news on the FIT broke. I was then asked for £500 to pay for scaffolding.

As I saw this as my last chance, I wrote out a cheque on the understanding it would not be presented until the installation was complete. Guess what? It was presented yesterday.

It's now cost me £10 to have it reversed.

mine go up on the 29th of this month

I had signed up for free panels. All was going well until the news on the FIT broke. I was then asked for £500 to pay for scaffolding.

As I saw this as my last chance, I wrote out a cheque on the understanding it would not be presented until the installation was complete. Guess what? It was presented yesterday.

This is disgusting as these installers are making money from installing panels on your roof and claiming the FITs, where you get the free power produced. They should be paying you for this!!!

I can't see free panels coming to an end after 12th December but the roofs may have to meet an exact specification to maximise their profit.

looks like my free install has had the plug pulled, no contact back now from the company and have given up as its unlikely they will do it prior to the date change.

Should have applied to A shade greener. They do it all for free and they're not stopping just cause the FITs have gone down either. Why don't you apply to them?

I did. ASG did a survey but emailed they could not get access to the loft (the survey guy went in the loft and measured up) so I was refused.

I deduced it was because my neighbour recommended me and they had plenty of applicants without paying £100.

I did. ASG did a survey but emailed they could not get access to the loft (the survey guy went in the loft and measured up) so I was refused.

I deduced it was because my neighbour recommended me and they had plenty of applicants without paying £100.

Don't be daft. I've had three refer a friend cheques from them (last one only last week) and my neighbour's had two:D

OK, sign me up again, lets see what happens.

hi my solar palels finally fitted by solar solutions of north aston just waiting to be commisioned tomorrow all done in 2 days 1st day to erect scaffolding today to fit them and the unit in the loft well done lads very noisey but no mess we just supplied gallons of tea

hi my solar palels finally fitted by solar solutions of north aston just waiting to be commisioned tomorrow all done in 2 days 1st day to erect scaffolding today to fit them and the unit in the loft well done lads very noisey but no mess we just supplied gallons of tea

Thanks - glad we were able to help!