New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

And people who have a dislike of working and deoderant :gag:

Surely if they can't/won't work they can't afford deodorant ? :loopy:

Do you go around sniffing people btw ?

Went yesterday hated it car park badly designed . DIY tills which i refuse to use and staff less petrol station ? Wal Mart cant afford to employ people then ? I wont be going back .

I've managed to get a parent and child space every time I've been, or if on my own there's been loads of normal spaces available.

The DIY tills are in addition to those with staff, and staff are always available at the express checkouts anyway. It's better than queuing!

Why does that petrol station need staff, you fill your car up and pay by card. It's very cheap and takes up very little room.

I'm pretty sure Wal Mart can employ people, I also think they know that many customers can scan their own shopping and pay for their own petrol without someone doing it for them.

I've managed to get a parent and child space every time I've been, or if on my own there's been loads of normal spaces available.

The DIY tills are in addition to those with staff, and staff are always available at the express checkouts anyway. It's better than queuing!

Why does that petrol station need staff, you fill your car up and pay by card. It's very cheap and takes up very little room.

I'm pretty sure Wal Mart can employ people, I also think they know that many customers can scan their own shopping and pay for their own petrol without someone doing it for them.

Agree with all that - except I have a blue badge, so can use the Disabled bays.

Nothing wrong with the petrol station - quick and simple, stick card in, draw fuel, get receipt, drive off. Much better then one with a shop attached, as people then leave their cars blocking the pump for AGES while they browse the shop, queue up for a till, etc etc...

Then they (usually women) come back to their car, and spend ages unwrapping sweeties, stashing away their purchases, putting purse in handbag, putting handbag in shopping bag, tuning in radio, or whatever. Takes them FOREVER if there is a shop. Women in particular seem incapable of just getting in and driving off!

The Asda card-only model flows much better.

The area at the base of the escalators seems a mistake, as you say, teenagers congregate there and can be quite threatening to some people.

Scan-your-own till s can be a hazard - I couldn't understand for a while why, when I was scanning and the wife was bagging, why it kept stopping and saying "unexpected item in bagging area".

Well, I worked it out after a while - it weighs everything too sort-of check that the item you've scanned it the item you've put in the bag. Beloved was, in her usual OCD way, attempting to artistically re-arrange everything in the bag each time she added something - or even taking stuff from one bag and putting it in another so all the fridge stuff was together, etc.

This faffing about kept the system from accurately weighing the bag, and it couldn't confirm that the added weight was correct. I insisted that she just dump each item in the bag and LEAVE IT ALONE - bingo! works every time. The system can do the check-weigh fine then.

Edited by martyn1949
NOT FINISHED

I agree not too impressed on the odd occasions ive been had trouble parking - at first they took other store vouchers now that's stopped too - ok for the odd bargain!

I agree not too impressed on the odd occasions ive been had trouble parking - at first they took other store vouchers now that's stopped too - ok for the odd bargain!

How exactly did you have trouble parking?

I have no idea how people have trouble parking, the entire underground is one huge car park, if that many cars parked and the owners went shopping you'd be queueing down the aisles to pay for your groceries.

Been there loads

Never had an issue parking, never queued at the checkouts and (for now) it's not full of Scuzoids.

Oh, and the Petrol as cheaper than will be found locally

Well well well.

Looks like Asda might be changing the name of the "Asda Mosborough" branch. Just as well, given it aint in Mosborough

(if that link doesnt work, just add Asda on Facebook)

Well well well.

Looks like Asda might be changing the name of the "Asda Mosborough" branch. Just as well, given it aint in Mosborough

And not a single fudge was given.

Well well well.

Would make more sense. I love FaceBook comments, more numpties than SF. :hihi: