New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

To be frank, Sainsbury's is a mess, departments all over the place and no real order to things.

Their entertainment section is separated from the electrical section where's in Asda it's all nicely grouped together.

The George department is nicely laid out while Sainsbury's TU Clothing section is rather miss mashed together.

I also like the way Asda has ordered each section and has a nice flow to it.

Sainsbury's is too spread out and needs certain departments tying together more, they should employ me :hihi:

I'm not Frank bedders ... I'm Rampent :D

I'm not Frank bedders ... I'm Rampent :D

OK sorry Sidebottom :hihi:

OK sorry Sidebottom :hihi:

:hihi: I wonder if all the Asda staff will have the happy permo smiles on tomorrow?

:hihi: I wonder if all the Asda staff will have the happy permo smiles on tomorrow?

Agree, the honeymoon period will soon be over when the sore feet and long hours kick in :hihi:

Agree, the honeymoon period will soon be over when the sore feet and long hours kick in :hihi:

Oh yes! The big fat lad on the fish counter will soon look like a wage slave (and smell of fish every night) poor soul :)

Don't try taking anything back for a refund after 10 at night! I went in today after work, bought my daughter a dress ( from the extremely limited) George collection and it unfortunately didn't fit , so I took it straight back only to be eventually told no refunds allowed after 10pm! As I pointed out , that , nowhere did it state this ( such as on receipts ) they reluctantly said they would allow the refund " just this once ! " !! How bizarre . Although the staff were all very nice, apart from using the 24 hour fuel station - I probably won't be rushing back any time soon ... Oh , what I originally went in for ( photo paper) they don't stock - went straight across to Sainsburys where we had a selection to choose from . Big thumbs down new Asda ( evidently Mosborough Asda ... Despite being around 2 miles away from there ! ) happy shopping guys !

Don't try taking anything back for a refund after 10 at night! I went in today after work, bought my daughter a dress ( from the extremely limited) George collection and it unfortunately didn't fit , so I took it straight back only to be eventually told no refunds allowed after 10pm! As I pointed out , that , nowhere did it state this ( such as on receipts ) they reluctantly said they would allow the refund " just this once ! " !! How bizarre . Although the staff were all very nice, apart from using the 24 hour fuel station - I probably won't be rushing back any time soon ... Oh , what I originally went in for ( photo paper) they don't stock - went straight across to Sainsburys where we had a selection to choose from . Big thumbs down new Asda ( evidently Mosborough Asda ... Despite being around 2 miles away from there ! ) happy shopping guys !

And on the first day as well :(

The one advantage it seems this new store does have over Handsworth is the petrol station - it's a real shame there wasn't space for one at Handsworth :(

On the plus side, if more people do goto Asda instead of Sainsburys, it should make it easier to park at Crystal Peaks :)

It's good to see a little competition.

However you can have too much of a good thing.

I really hope that Tesco's planning application to build a Tesco Extra on the old Carter Lodge playing fields is denied.

It's good to see a little competition.

However you can have too much of a good thing.

I really hope that Tesco's planning application to build a Tesco Extra on the old Carter Lodge playing fields is denied.

What, why didn't I know about this ???

The one advantage it seems this new store does have over Handsworth is the petrol station - it's a real shame there wasn't space for one at Handsworth :(

Planning permission has been sought, and indeed granted, for one at Handsworth.

They might want to rethink the design of the traffic flow outside, only been past twice but on one occasion the cars coming from peaks direction were in turning right box , room for about two cars, these were waiting for cars coming from other direction to go through, lights changed before they got through, they were then blocking cars coming out of Asda, didn't see any kind of filter light for cars turning right.