Since you started your career, what % pay increase have you had?

What % increase since the start of your career  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What % increase since the start of your career

• 0 - 10
    • 11 - 20
    • 21 -30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51 - 75
    • 76 - 100
    • 101 - 150
    • 151 - 200
    • 200+

So, since the first job that was part of your career, what % payrise are you at now. Eg, if you started on 10k and are now on 15k, that's 50% increase.

Don't count jobs that weren't your career, so no summer work at McDonalds, etc...

I won't select my option until some other people have voted, and voting is anonymous, so don't worry about giving things away.

started work 40 years ago at 16 got £20 a week thats £1040 per year so even at the minimum wage now of £5-05 say 40 hours at £5-05 = £10504 that would take me way past your 200+% :D

yeah, didn't take that into account.

Plus the raw % is meaningless without knowing the time period.

Oh well, more thought before posting next time. Might ask a mod to delete this and then try again....

Mine's 120% in 3.5 years, which I'm quite pleased with.

When I joined the civil service I was paid £6700 and that was 7 years ago, my salary has gone up 300% since then :)

167% in 5... sweet! :clap:

Although I didn't start on that much - first job from uni and all. :) I'm still thankful for every penny of course!

Originally posted by Cyclone

Don't count jobs that weren't your career, so no summer work at McDonalds, etc...

#I was working as a waitress at a cocktail bar...

then I decided to get a career.

It may not be very catchy, but it's a great incentive :smile:

Well, I started at the bottom and have worked my little pink bum off trying to get to the top!

(Not anywhere near there yet)

Some impressive numbers there. Mine's only 78% in 5 years. I'm more than happy though, what's inflation been running at for the last 5 years, around 2%.

2% compounded over 5 years is 10.4%, so that leaves me with 64% real term increase in salary.

I calculate that if I can maintain this rate until I retire, i'll be very rich by the time i'm too old to enjoy it fully :suspect:

When I moved to London my pay trippled, then when I moved back to Sheffield it halved, now it's at a point where I can get to the end of the month and still have £20 in the bank, which is all i really need. Money can't make you happy.

I started work on a YTS in 1986 on about £65/week and am still in the same career, so you can understand why my increase is 756%! :o

This is far too complicated for me to work out. Because I have worked at the same company for approx 13 years, but 6 years ago I got a large increment for giving up my company car.