Proposed future use of Norton Aerodrome

I always understand that this land was in Derbyshire, so out of the Sheffield council’s jurisdiction. Can anyone confirm or put me right on this?

'Was' but 'isn't'

I always understand that this land was in Derbyshire, so out of the Sheffield council’s jurisdiction. Can anyone confirm or put me right on this?

Boundary moved, no longer in Derbyshire.

In Sheffield. Used to be in Derbyshire but not any longer.

In Sheffield. Used to be in Derbyshire but not any longer.

Thanks. ........... .........

It does seem that these type companies pick up on borders where they can site an industrial complex in one city or county without having to consider the population of the neighbouring city. This happened on the Rotherham Sheffield border when siting Sterecyle.

The poster is correct in order to confirm once again the boundry was moved in the late 1960's the WHOLE of the site is in Sheffield MDC area.

Think some people are getting confused the big tesco was going to be on the Sheffield Transport Sports site at Meadowhead.

Thanks. ........... .........

Why does he get the thanks?

It does seem that these type companies pick up on borders where they can site an industrial complex in one city or county without having to consider the population of the neighbouring city. This happened on the Rotherham Sheffield border when siting Sterecyle.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Neighbours are consulted regardless of authority they happen to be in.

Out of interest, what have been the effects on people from the Sterecycle plant?

I think Asda would object to that on competition grounds.

Manor Top TAC is wanted by Tesco to become a distribution centre (ie warehouses) not an actual supermarket.

Love the Vulcan film , nice one . A TA Center would move from Manor Top and co locate other TA units in the area into one building to save money on running cost and full time staff et

TA units have separate staff, so there would no savings in that regard. It's not really about running costs anyway, it's real estate! ££££££££££££££. Tesco offer to build a new shiny TAC for free and the RFCA/MOD get to sell off the land the current TACs are on? Win win win (for them)

the land that keeps going underwater

From what I gather, this is down to poor drills on the side of whoever (council? Enviroment Agency?) who forgot to open the levies or such like when we had the floods. Silly that,

I've moved off gleadless valley now but after my time up there and visiting The Nailmakers and The bagshawe arms I think the locals would scare the gypsies off !!! one lad told me a story (i can believe its true aswel) about the local lads going Looking for some gypsies after arguments over scrap metal now taking it to gypsies takes some bottle ! Gleadless valley is ok but you have to be a recognised face/local to feel safe.

As for the aerodrome I feel private housing would be the best thing for the area and maybe small tesco/asda/sainsburys on there

I've heard that it was to become the new stagecoach depot in Sheffield instead of the old Holbrook building? As they are looking to expand more and more into Sheffield? Would be an ideal location in my opinion! Anyone else heard this??