Date of Sheffield analogue switch off ?

when is the analogue tv due to be switched off in Sheffield - I've seen something saying you need to retune your freeview box from 24th August, but I'm not clear if this is the switch off ?

Depends which transmitter you're on, there was something on TV last night that said Emley Moor's being switched off on 3rd of August, which is a week next Wednesday.

my TV is a sony bravia about 4/5 years old will i have to have it retuned?

I thought it has already happened :suspect:

Doesn't the digi box already receive digital? I don't understand why it would need re-tuning

well my reason for asking is that we took down our neighbours aerial today as it has caused some damage to our roof - they gave us permission and said they don't use it ... just as it had been chopped up they came running out to say their TV had lost it's picture !!! gaah !!

I'd feel better knowing there were only 4-5 weeks left vs a few more years :hihi:

my TV is a sony bravia about 4/5 years old will i have to have it retuned?

Does it have built in freeview?

well my reason for asking is that we took down our neighbours aerial today as it has caused some damage to our roof - they gave us permission and said they don't use it ... just as it had been chopped up they came running out to say their TV had lost it's picture !!! gaah !!

You still need an aerial to receive a Freeview signal :hihi:

These are the start dates according to Digital UK:

Chesterfield the Chesterfield Area 10 Aug 2011

Emley Moor most of Yorkshire 7 Sept 2011

Sheffield the Sheffield area 10 Aug 2011

Digital UK are holding a roadshow at MORRISONS in Ecclesfield on 2nd August 9am till 5pm and will also be outside John Lewis on the 10th and 11th August for those with questions.

Edited by SYorksDeano

What will happen,will everything go dark,the birds stop singing, will the grim reaper or the 4 horsemen ot the apocalypse appear? Will we still be able to watch Look North? Hopefully not.

On different dates for each Transmitter all Freeview enabled equipment will need retuning at least twice in that month, eg Emleymoor 7th and 21st Sept 2011. It's different dates for Sheffield / Belmont etc etc. On these dates you will find that some analogue channels will be missing and also some Freeview or all Freeview channels will be missing, a retune on each Freeview enabled equipment, will re-align all the stations for Freeview only, those Analogue channels will be gone forever.... hope this helps some of you :)

Edited by AtiAerials

i have a sky dish and i have sky tv so im ok so after the switch over can i take my other arile whats on my roof down it wont be any good then will it after the switch over ;)

How do you know which transmitter is used for your tv?