Delaying Your Periods

Right Mummies. It's that time of the month again and sods law means that I will get the dready P on hols. Anyone know of anything that I can take to delay the inevitable. Preferably buy over the counter as trying to get into GP's is a joke.

Thanks

The only tablets I am aware of are only available on prescription, norethiscerone (or something like that) you take them from 3 days before your period is due. The only other way I know is of you are taking the contraceptive pill to not have your 7 day break and take 2 packs streight through, but that will only work if you're already on the pill!

May be best popping in to the pharmacy to check out other options

i'm only aware of prescription tablets i'm afraid!!x

Yes, all hormones will come on prescription only- sorry.

I spoke to my doctor and he printed me out a prescription for me to pick up when it was convenient without an appointment. Maybe yours can do that?

What your after is called norethisterone, but I'm not sure doc will prescribe just to avoid a period, however he will if its because you have heavy periods and its likely to disrupt your holiday.

Some chemists will do you a private prescription but you will pay over the odd's for it.

I have some in my drawer at home, I can post you some :hihi: Forum drug dealer!

That's illegal lauren84 ;)

It's a prescription drug and you don't know whether the OP is taking any other medication which could interact dangerously or has any of the health conditions which contraindicate the prescription of the medication.

It's a prescription drug and you don't know whether the OP is taking any other medication which could interact dangerously or has any of the health conditions which contraindicate the prescription of the medication.

I know, I wouldn't have really posted them. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had 'bumped' someone off.

oh dam!! I was going to sell mine to the highest bidder!! :P I got a perscription from my GP to stop my period whilst we were abroad for our wedding. However I didn't need it as a few days later I found out I was pregnant!!! Natural way to stop your period!:hihi:

If your allowed to take the normal contaceptive pill that will stop your periods, you could go the family planning clinic to get it.