Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

sandy

Hi okismoki - do I know the Savourys yes I do in fact yesterday I was looking at a photo of me taken many many years ago I was holding the Savoury's little girl - Dougie and Glen's sister but I can't remember her name - the mum was called Lily I think and they were our neighbours.

carol,she now works for the council as a home help i believe.

yes smary, i know the oxleys, gladys and fred.......fred used to work for the tizer company, and in those days tizer had a monday evening private session booked at hillsboro baths, [gone now i believe] and he allowed us to say he was related so that we could go, i remember andrea being born, at home and he took me in to see her when she was just 1 hour old, i was so excited as she was the first baby born at home on the street near us. i ran home and told my mum i'd just seen a new laid baby [aaah the innocence of us all back then]. i was really sorry to hear that she lost her eldest son philip just before xmas last year, oh and janine was many years ago my nephews girlfriend......more sweet memories

I lived at 536 Deerlands from 1952 to 1966 (what number were you) and also went to Foxhill and Meynell Road. Remember doing most of the things you've mentioned and definitely remember the liquo shop. Do you remember they lady that used to sell 1d sweets from her prefab that we passed at the way to Fox Hill school? Never went to the youth club at St Cecelia's but I did get married there. I remember the Gillotts, was at school with Sandra, also with Jean Fletcher. Diane and Linda King I'm still in touch with. Diane lives in Skegness and Linda is now living in Liverpool. John, Elaine and Martin are still living in or around Sheffield. Nice to hear from somebody from the Halifax Road end, doesn't seem to be many of us about.

I worked with a Martin Gillott, 20 years ago he was about 42 then so he must be coming up for retirement, we worked at DL storage and Handling together, he lived off Foxhill Rd. then, maybe he still does. I worked also with a Dennis Fletcher, who lived off Doe Royd, used to see him from time to time in the PX Hotel, I also had a mate called Ray Johnston who married a Fletcher he lived on Foxhill rd. But the last time I past his Bungalow it was up for sale, I havn't seen him for a while so I don't know why, or when the move is for.

I used to know a lovely family on Wheata and I haven't seen them for years, Edna and Harry Keyworth, does anybody know them? They had two boys Gary and martin.

i used to work with edna as a carer for the council,a real character,she has retired now i believe.

She's a lovely person, do they still live on Wheat do you know?

i dont know,i was moved to a different area,so our paths no longer cross,im sure her and harry parted,he was messing about.i will ask some of the girls who work on the cross and p.m you if thats ok.

Archived