Does anyone remember the Queens Rd Bowling Alley?

Hello scaleman,

I worked with spider and Ian and Dave,spider wore dark glasses because he had damaged his eyes through being a diver for Sheffield. I also remember Margaret who was a stickler about the job but was fair and then there was Carol who was lovely looking and only small just like me.Ian and the rest of the mechanics decided that they had to give me a greasing and Carol took on the job I must admit I didn't struggle much.I didn't stay long at the bowl I liked going to the Esquire and also the all nighters at the Mojo so didn't like having to go into work on the Sunday morning. I was also one of the lads who would meet outside with the scooters sadly a lot have since passed on. I also met my wife there we have been married for 48 years this year. They were good times. Alan.

There must be oodles more people that can remember us all ...come on share some memories

I met my now wife there in 1967,the best move that I ever made.I remember the scooters lined up outside.They vastly outnumbered motorbikes then.I used to ride past on my 500cc Triumph and shut the air lever to make it misfire.The mods used to leap onto their scooters after me.When they reached me I opened the air slide and blew them away

Hi Alan, I know its a long time ago, did you work with spider(I think that was his nickname, other names I remember is Ian who was a mechanic and also ray Clethro who I know very well. Also Margaret who ran control and eventually married a guy called Alan, I knew them from Firth Park bowl where I went after queens road closed and became Alhambra, I wish I could get my hands on the guys throat who came up with that idea!!

-----------

Hi Scaleman, Yes your right about your hands around the guys throat,

my family and friends use to go to the Alhambra every other w/ends.

Had lots of fantastic night dancing/singing, we use to have a sing-a-long

outside on the steps while waiting for our taxi's. Memorise. :thumbsup::banana::banana:

Those days are gone sorry to say how the world has changed