Does anyone remember the Queens Rd Bowling Alley?

He was then, I hadn't heard he had died though.

I tried to find him and was told he had passed on

will have to go Ron,been good to talk to you we will have to keep in touch. Take care. Alan

I used to work there and would love to contact anyone that used to go and hang around by the old bowling shoes.

I worked there around 67

I used to work there and would love to contact anyone that used to go and hang around by the old bowling shoes.

I used to go upstairs to the ice rink but I believe you know me you mentioned my name on Grimesthorpe boys club after seeing a photo please send me a pm

Les Phillips was the manager I was house manager and assistant manager

so busy

Wow Les Phillips..I had forgotten him. He was the manager before the one that used

to take snuff. I can see Les Phillips now, he seemed old but everyone did who was older

than 21 seemed old. Then there was Aubrey, remember him?

Ray clethro worked there do not remenber aubrey long time ago noe the mind grown slower

I remember it being turned into the Alhambra music hall but the all night coffee bar at the bowling alley was a god send for the teens at that time many happy hours spent hanging around just doing nothing.

I was there in the late 60`s, hanging around, as we did. I remember 2 characters called Killer and Boggy, can`t remember anyone else. There were always lots of boys with their scooters outside, dressed in the uniform of suit with shirt and tie and a parka over the top

I remember so many names. Wain Rennick, his mum used to work up stairs

in the night club (cant remember the name of it) he used to knock around with

John Dixon. Aubrey his wife Rita used to wk on the door at weekends. OK now I have to admit i dont remember as many names as I thought. I see their faces, Lynne Mac used to wk in the office. Spider, is another, hey just gimme a sec I might remember more. Philip ....? he used to clean the lanes.

Jenny behind the counter ...oh and Dot. Barrie he used to be the taxi driver that took everyone hm. We used to go for breakfast at 4am. (Is there a 4am?)