Door Staff - Advice needed re age proof

Anything with the PASS hologram on it should be accepted

Anything with the PASS hologram on it should be accepted

or you could just chuck your cash in the bin, oh wait if you buy a pass card you just did, as i said before most venues wont accept the pass id cards, government issued ID is the only 100% guaranteed way of getting into venues., these private ones are useless, why spoil the night out when your kid cant get into all the places his mates can

You'll see a sign on the door on most bars in town now, stating that they only accept passports and driving licences

Don't get a citizen card, most doorman won't accept it, they are very easy to fake, plus some just don't know what it is.

Provisional Driving license is best, costs £50? and lasts 10 years, you don't have to learn to drive but if you do, you've already bought it then haven't you.

You'll see a sign on the door on most bars in town now, stating that they only accept passports and driving licences

I use my Citizenship card all the time and I've never had any problems with it. I've been to quite a few places that state they accept driving licenses, passports AND cards bearing the PASS logo.

Worth investing in one, good value for money too.

I use my Citizenship card all the time and I've never had any problems with it. I've been to quite a few places that state they accept driving licenses, passports AND cards bearing the PASS logo.

Worth investing in one, good value for money too.

Has it money well spent? if you get turned away at some place (though honestly I know it is more then you are making out), if you use one as a fresh 18 year old looking young, expect them to not let you use it, my sister got rid of hers as noone accepted it and she is 28.

My mate on his 19th, we got turned away as a group from about 5 places out of 10, so pretty bad imo, some said on door they take it, but the doorman won't because its their neck on the line and they are too easy to fake.

Has it money well spent? if you get turned away at some place (though honestly I know it is more then you are making out), if you use one as a fresh 18 year old looking young, expect them to not let you use it, my sister got rid of hers as noone accepted it and she is 28.

My mate on his 19th, we got turned away as a group from about 5 places out of 10, so pretty bad imo, some said on door they take it, but the doorman won't because its their neck on the line and they are too easy to fake.

Nah, the new Citizenship cards are not easy to forge as they now carry the PASS logo, as approved by the government. The door staff shouldn't deny them, but unfortunately some HAVE door, but not all. I use mine everywhere (I like to party), and have been told I look really young for my age (I'm in my late twenties....)

I think as long as you carry a good attitude when you enter a bar/club, the door staff should let you in regardless!

Passport, full driving licence or prove it card are all accepted in all licensed premises, some may accept provisional license

Passport, full driving licence or prove it card are all accepted in all licensed premises, some may accept provisional license

My daughter is 18 and goes to both Sheffield & Rotherham town at the weekends and only has a provisional and she has never been refused entry anywhere

My daughter is 18 and goes to both Sheffield & Rotherham town at the weekends and only has a provisional and she has never been refused entry anywhere

some bars will accept provisional (depends on policy) however all premises will accept full license, passport or prove it card

my son turned 18 in may, he was told by his older friends that alot of bouncers don't accept the citizen cards as id... He has a provi driving licence and has had no trouble with that.. it is upto the individual bouncer's wether they let them in or not, but in my experience they seem to let more girls in with them than boy's..

Provisional Driving license is best, costs £50?

:confused:

John X