Whats going on - I wanna scream !

if thats the only time you have seen this country as great then yes, but there have been other times

No I put my response in quotes because I definitely don't think Empire made Britain great. Quite the reverse. It cemented the stratification of society into the ruling robber barons and the oppressed indigenous peoples of the world. It created a working class who were living in abject poverty while the plunderers of other people wealth lined their own pockets.

The same robber barons that have just looted our economy and are now laughing their asses off at the rest of us while we struggle for survival.

Could I repeat your own post to you?

your sentiments are very comendable and most sane peopole in a perfect world would agree with them BUT this is not a perfect world never has been never will be!! sentiments and ideolistic views are wonderful but unsustainable. the world is shrinking in capacity for fuel, food and water etc etc and a growing population out of control due to vaccines , interferance with nature etc etc is compounding it, the world has a natural balance, the animals have the kill or be killed and only the strong survive the same as we humans should because if we carry on keeping helping everyone its a matter of time before it is out of control!

your point? oh the weak here?? ok got me on a technicality. maybe every country should look after its own within its own budgets and confines?

we cannot keep up the payments on the interest alone on this countries borrowings??

Yes we can. We can even afford to borrow more. Whether the price paid to borrow more is worth it or not is a political matter, ala the problems we have now. To cut services or not to cut services. To cut taxes or raise taxes. To cut interest rates or raise interest rates.

Why is it British people feel no instinctive revulsion for the ruling elites of this world. But react with total indignation when those same people offer to help starving children?

I didn't notice many on here complaining about our inability to look after the old folk, when the government was spending a fortune on that obscenity of a wedding a couple of months ago? :(

John X

you really dont understand do you:loopy: we cannot keep up the payments on the interest alone on this countries borrowings??

yes we can and we are, quite comfortably

Rowan do you mean the ones that fill their pockets and do one to the USA

I didn't notice many on here complaining about our inability to look after the old folk, when the government was spending a fortune on that obscenity of a wedding a couple of months ago? :(

John X

Very true. I think that whole show was just the cherry on the f**k you lot cake mate wasn't it really?

Rowan do you mean the ones that fill their pockets and do one to the USA

Our society is just a re branded version of the old one. The "free market" is a feeding frenzy for the rich or the lackeys of the rich. This so called culture is about making people stupid, and so stressed and in debt that they give up trying to make sense of the many and varied ways we are being given the sha*t.

Whether it’s "Dave" and "Nick" or any one of the other chinless private school parasites who have been robbing the hard working people of this country since Adam was a lad, left or right a thief is a thief.

... or the Olympic Games.

well thats one thing we agree on

yes we can and we are, quite comfortably

economists say otherwise and even if we can keep up with interest which we cant , the capital will never be paid off........if you look at countries who are in serious problems now Greece today for instance, portugal, ireland who s next spain italy ?? all spending what they havent got and then borrowing to compound it...simple bad economics

economists say otherwise and even if we can keep up with interest which we cant , the capital will never be paid off........if you look at countries who are in serious problems now Greece today for instance, portugal, ireland who s next spain italy ?? all spending what they havent got and then borrowing to compound it...simple bad economics

In the 22 European countries of economic growth, it's Greece at the bottom, then Portugal and then the UK.