Whats going on - I wanna scream !

what grand scheme??? we do have abject poverty in our country, go on any sink council estate and you will find serious poverty in one way or another in certain parts,. overseas aid money should be spent here not sent to corrupt governments:loopy::loopy:if only for the reason that we cant give away what we havent got , this country is technically bankrupt or had you not heard???

clearly you have absolutely no idea what poverty means. A "sink estate":hihi: that is a truly laughable idea of poverty when you compare it to third world poverty!

They have their kids, we have ours, if they live in squalor - tough, they shouldn't have had kids, they know what its gonna be like for them, overpopulated hospitals, the closure of homes IMO means that the £££'s should stay here for our own, I am appalled and sick to the back teeth when i hear of our money going abroad.

One little thought - why don't the government let us vote, we, the public to decide where our money goes home or abroad ? they won't do of course cos they know damn well what the answer would be !!!

The UK foreign aid budget is 7.8 billion (or 1.1% of the entire government budget) to get this into perspective it's less than half of even the most optimistic costings of the trident replacement. So we can howl about spending 7.8 billion on aid to developing countries which will educate and support them which is known to turn people away from radical and terrorist groups while being perfectly happy about spunking away twice that amount on a completely pointless "my never to be used missile is bigger than yours" system.

Sometimes I despair of the stupidity of parts of the UK population :shakes:

They have their kids, we have ours, if they live in squalor - tough, they shouldn't have had kids, they know what its gonna be like for them, overpopulated hospitals, the closure of homes IMO means that the £££'s should stay here for our own, I am appalled and sick to the back teeth when i hear of our money going abroad.

One little thought - why don't the government let us vote, we, the public to decide where our money goes home or abroad ? they won't do of course cos they know damn well what the answer would be !!!

If that is your opinion then why should I pay for your kids. I am appalled and sick to the back teeth of my money going to fund your children!

The UK foreign aid budget is 7.8 billion (or 1.1% of the entire government budget) to get this into perspective it's less than half of even the most optimistic costings of the trident replacement. So we can howl about spending 7.8 billion on aid to developing countries which will educate and support them which is known to turn people away from radical and terrorist groups while being perfectly happy about spunking away twice that amount on a completely pointless "my never to be used missile is bigger than yours" system.

Sometimes I despair of the stupidity of parts of the UK population :shakes:

yup!!!:loopy:

If that is your opinion then why should I pay for your kids. I am appalled and sick to the back teeth of my money going to fund your children!

Stop being ridiculous, people who pay into this country should take out, besides you pay nothing to me for my kids as they do not live with me, however i take them on holiday every year and stay with me 2 nights a week, i wish forever do-gooding fools such as yourself would keep their traps shut and see the plight/state which we are in this country - now please do one !

Stop being ridiculous, people who pay into this country should take out, besides you pay nothing to me for my kids as they do not live with me, however i take them on holiday every year and stay with me 2 nights a week, i wish forever do-gooding fools such as yourself would keep their traps shut and see the plight/state which we are in this country - now please do one !

I would rather fund food for a starving child, or schooling for a child that might otherwise be tempted into terrorism than fund your kids child benefit!

You do one you rude fool!

Hurrah for the government doing something good with our money, long may it continue!

I didn't notice many on here complaining about our inability to look after the old folk, when the government was spending a fortune on that obscenity of a wedding a couple of months ago? :(

John X

yes but it was a nice wedding...and next year we are getting four days off work....thanks to old lizzie....

but that money on the wedding was spent in this country.....not squandered overseas...

did you see the lengths people go through to reach this great country...last night on the box....

That same line can be applied to our elderly who don't have nursing homes to go to.

Logans Run?

... or the Olympic Games.

agree with that...should have got world cup....

clearly you have absolutely no idea what poverty means. A "sink estate":hihi: that is a truly laughable idea of poverty when you compare it to third world poverty!

Sadly, we have pockets of people in the UK today who have no food, and live in horrific conditions... The 'Poor Kids' doc and articles in the papers around the time of the first screening could perhaps have made you think again about the levels of poverty in the UK... Some kids die in these conditions before they have the chance to be removed by social services - it's this kind of organisation that makes the difference between the poverty in the UK and that of the third world... Sometimes in the UK the kids can be removed from the squalor by the state - the kids in Indian slums, for example, are ignored by the wealthy there...

but that money on the wedding was spent in this country.....not squandered overseas...

You are definitely trolling now! :suspect:

John X