Fair day rate for a bricklayer

It is sad to see good men graft for loose change when some earn buckets for very little.

yes, it is very sad.

and the price goes down...50 pounds anyone?

...supply your own bricks?

Does anyone know any good bricklayers? I need some brickwork doing asap for a porch

thanks

Yes i do. .

Pay peanuts and you will a P***** bricklayer and then you will pay doudle to have it done right

Hi most of proper bricklayers are not around anymore they are laying bricks in the sky they  y could do job fast and make a good job   If you can try to get one who learned job with father who served is time 6years on firm  best of luck 

Like spider1 says, pay peanuts and you will get a monkey. The price of bricks have rocketed recently so even a small 1 x 2m wall will cost about £400 to build

Hi sorry to tell that Margret thatcher stoped the full aprentice she started six month sceems for young lads you cannot learn a trade in that time and lots of young lads were exploited and this sort of thing but not as bad is going on today .bricklayers are all on day work  for example it take bricklayers and a labour at least three weeks to build a pair of semi detached houses up to the top of the windows down stairs the slowest gang could do it in six and a half days we were all on a price for doing that. And all the houses I worked on in sixties through to about twenty years since are still standing that was then and now is now I was the hod carrier .and did the scaffolding mixing and carried all the bricks I wish you all the best of luck to get men that can doa full days work most I see on private work do not start before nine o’clock and are gone around four o’clock a good days work is eight till five we used to have fifteen minutes brake in morning and half hour at dinner time best of luck

Hi just another word on the subject of a fair daymoney   for a fair days pay after carrying the hod doing the scaffolding and mixing gobo ex sand and cement in mixer and putting 30  13ft battings  for internal walls ,  I got same money as bricklayers I started  half an hour before bricklayers , if it was a. Bad job I would stop behind and get ready for the next day  , if you did the job right and was working with bricklayers who could work fast  you did not have anytime at all in day slow bricklayers would not split money 3 ways as they could not earn enough to do that  , after many years doing this I went scaffolding on houses on big sites , on one site I worked on I went in site office to order more scaffolding for job  the site agent was on phone telling someone he had build  100 houses that year ,well that was rubbish the trades men and labourers had built them , not him , he was by trade a briccklayer who could not earn his money ,  their were many like this  , things are different now due to many aspects on sites   I could go on and on with all our yesterdays ,

On 21/12/2021 at 14:58, Slinny said:

Hi just another word on the subject of a fair daymoney   for a fair days pay after carrying the hod doing the scaffolding and mixing gobo ex sand and cement in mixer and putting 30  13ft battings  for internal walls ,  I got same money as bricklayers I started  half an hour before bricklayers , if it was a. Bad job I would stop behind and get ready for the next day  , if you did the job right and was working with bricklayers who could work fast  you did not have anytime at all in day slow bricklayers would not split money 3 ways as they could not earn enough to do that  , after many years doing this I went scaffolding on houses on big sites , on one site I worked on I went in site office to order more scaffolding for job  the site agent was on phone telling someone he had build  100 houses that year ,well that was rubbish the trades men and labourers had built them , not him , he was by trade a briccklayer who could not earn his money ,  their were many like this  , things are different now due to many aspects on sites   I could go on and on with all our yesterdays ,

Make bricklayers give you a price for job . Don.t pay till job is done . Tell them that’s the price and that’s all you are getting , no hidden extras  don,t moan if they do it faster than you thought they would do it , as some do   Best of luck 

lucky to get a good bricky for under £150-175 cash

Most trades I know are wanting £200-£250 a day now. 

21 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

Most trades I know are wanting £200-£250 a day now. 

If they do a good days graft and donot start at 9 and finish at 4 why not pay . Some sit around a computer and get more money but make sure you get men who can do job right . Some talk work but doing it is a different matter  good luck