Being declared fit to work by the benefits agency

So they wouldn't be allowed to have cash!

How would you stop them disabling the chip? Or stop someone else just exchanging the special brew directly for the goods they had to buy?

Edited by Cyclone

How would you stop them disabling the chip? Or stop someone else just exchanging the special brew directly for the goods they had to buy?

Why would they need cash?

That's the wrong question.

Why might they have cash? Because someone might give it to them. And given that it's legal tender, it would require a massive rewrite of our entire basis of law to stop them using it.

I'm sure some enterprising wags would find ways around the system, and I'm also positive that some shopkeepers would flaunt the rules to make a little extra profit.

However it would be pretty easy to tie into a central epos system (although no that simple for DSS IT dept'), that would flag exceptions up.

You'll never stop the barter system once the initial transaction has happened though; but at least we'd be able to tell all the Daily Mail readers that benefits weren't being spent on booze, fags and lottery. (even if the goods paid for by benefits were then sold on the black market to provide cash to the underclass).

Again though, as for your question re allowing them cash, why would they need it, other than to buy prohibited items?

That's the wrong question.

Why might they have cash? Because someone might give it to them. And given that it's legal tender, it would require a massive rewrite of our entire basis of law to stop them using it.

If someone (other than the taxpayer) gives them cash, then it is none of our concern as to how it is spent. No changes to the statute books needed.

I'll ask again though, why would they NEED cash?

How do you know he did? The arrogance and ignorance you show is frightening! You know nothing about him. You suggest you have the right to post what you want well that works both ways. Youer post is an almost perfect example of bigoted, racist ignorant thinking. It shows a lack of compassion that borders on the cruel. Do you rip the legs off puppies for pleasure? and to quote you If you don't like what I post TOUGH Now see who goes whining off to the moderators?

I will say it again!

Get a life saddo!

Your reply is pathetic!

Now. Where is the poor unfortunate soul from? Which country?

Firstly I have no intention of telling you, or anyone else here, how he arrived in the UK. It is none of anybodys business, outside of the home office and him. It is upto the home office to decide whether he is entitled to Asylum not any of unpleasant ....... who seem to blame Asylum seekers for EVERY single problem of the UK. The fact is that, whether the bigots of this world like it or not, we accept Asylum seekers based upon their circumstances not whether they come from one of the countries bordering us.

HAHA!

Stumped!

Why don't you put him up in ya spare bedroom?Feed him n water him.

IMO there is something sick about a society where people talk about having "failed" a medical when they mean they have passed a medical and are fit for work.

think this threads gone a little off course i notice rich5315 has not returned:suspect:

IMO there is something sick about a society where people talk about having "failed" a medical when they mean they have passed a medical and are fit for work.

I agree they should be happy they are now capable of working for a living and will no longer be a burden to everyone else.:)

I am on benefits but don't smoke and don't drink, as I need to buy my daughter food and pay my rent to keep a roof over my little girl's head. Also don't buy scratch cards or all that other rubbish. If I was given a card with money on it to buy things it wouldn't bother me. It would suit me fine. I have nothing to hide.

Does make me laugh that the government chooses a resession to start forcing people back to work, erm into what jobs?