Speeding fine. Feel cheated.

I'm sure the family of a little girl or boy would feel more than cheated if you'd knocked them down and killed them. Grow up and accept the punishment.

Dont be so dammed stupid, can you not KILL some one while traveling UNDER the speed limit

Not sure if a speed awareness course will apply to 43 in a 30. Not sure though. I went on one but I was doing 33 in a 30. If was probably more justified to feel miffed than you. However, i took my punishment and moved on.

Now that I would consider to be unlucky.

I doubt hardly anybody sticks exactly to the speed limit all the time, I think a lot depends on the particular road conditions.

For example the stretch of A61 from Morrisons to Shalesmore is a 30 mph zone, but in reality you'll hardly ever see anybody sticking to this because it's a wide clear run of road in an area that isn't built-up. I tend to do a little over (usually about 35 mph) along this stretch and regularly get cars undertaking me at considerably faster speeds (50 mph+ in a number of cases).

On the other hand I can never understand how drivers can drive comfortably at 30 mph on bendy estate roads.....I think I'll be lucky if I get upto 20 mph, because I just don't feel comfortable going any quicker especially when there are cars parked on the road.

You never see Police with speed cameras on estate roads, is this because they're likely to catch far fewer people than they would on a main arterial road? I guess that brings up the old question, are they their for safety reasons or to generate revenue?

Regards

Doom

I'm sure the family of a little girl or boy would feel more than cheated if you'd knocked them down and killed them. Grow up and accept the punishment.

but they didn't knock anyone down dumb ass

At least with manned speed traps they pull you over straight away, and sort it out there and then. Stops people speeding immediately (which is the point after all), allows discrection on the part of the police to give warnings rather than tickets, and lets them check for any dodgy circumstances like no tax, mot, insurance and vehicle roadworthyness.

I got caught by a manned speed trap many years ago, and it slowed me right down, so it had a good effect on me.

I've never seen the logic in automated speed cameras that let the offenders merrily go around speeding for up to two weeks after they've been 'caught', free to continue speeding in blissful ignorance.

Yesterday I was pulled over into sheffield arena car park by a policeman who had caught me doing 43 in a 30. There was no speed camera warning sign and his car was completely hidden from view. I origionally thought he was a security guard as he was stood.at the enterance to the arena car park. He did have a.high vis jacket on and there was a 30 mph sign just before the camera. The speed limit dropped from 40 to 30 and the copper was about 100 meters after the cange in speed limit.

does anyone know whether there is any flaws with what occurred here. Help would b massively appreciated as my liscence would have been clean this year. Thanks

Liam......

They are sneaky <REMOVED> hiding there, I have seen them there loads so know to slow to 30 at the 30, but I feel it is a bit sneaky of them, I have even seen them hiding behind the hedges at the entrance to the car park and jumping out at the last second.

Edited by esme
masked swearing

Even if the speed limit hadn't just dropped down to 30 you were still speeding!!

Why should we be warned about speed cameras? I personally think they should be hidden. A speed camera shouldn't be the incentive to slow down, general safety and peoples lives should be.

As someone who has lost my mum to a speeding driver crashing into her I obviously feel a little more strongly about this but we should drive in accordance with the speed limit all the time and not just when we see a camera and/or police.

You are not allowed anything. You can be prosecuted for being 1mph over the speed limit.

You generally aren't, but to assume you have the right to an extra ten per cent is definitely not a good idea.

I didnt assume i have the right to do anything, i was passing on what id heard.

As it happens i stick to the limit and never go over it s it dosent really matter to me.

I'm sure all the people on here who are giving the OP grief, hve never ever speeded themselves, not even a fraction of a MPH over the limit?

I'm sure they are all road saints, or <REMOVED>.

Edited by esme
masked swearing

Even if the speed limit hadn't just dropped down to 30 you were still speeding!!

Why should we be warned about speed cameras? I personally think they should be hidden. A speed camera shouldn't be the incentive to slow down, general safety and peoples lives should be.

As someone who has lost my mum to a speeding driver crashing into her I obviously feel a little more strongly about this but we should drive in accordance with the speed limit all the time and not just when we see a camera and/or police.

While i do sympathise with your loss i think you are living in Utopia

I'm sure all the people on here who are giving the OP grief, hve never ever speeded themselves, not even a fraction of a MPH over the limit?

I'm sure they are all road saints, or <REMOVED>.

No but the point is concerned with if you break the law you accept the punishment

Edited by esme
masked swearing

but they didn't knock anyone down dumb ass

lol how intelligent. You seem to miss the whole point of speed limits. How unfortunate. Please re-read my post and find the 'A little girl or boy' rather than the word 'THE'. This way you might be able to see past your stupidity.

No but the point is concerned with if you break the law you accept the punishment

So you speed aswell? But as you didn't get caught its ok? But if you did you would accept the punishment?