The IKEA in Sheffield thread

Individual shops

which ones? if you needed say a chest of drawers where would you go?

which ones? if you needed say a chest of drawers where would you go?

Theres a pine shop in rotherham we have had a lot of furniture from.

Theres a pine shop in rotherham we have had a lot of furniture from.

OK How much is a chest of drawers from there? can I look online and check the measurements before I go down there and buy it? is it flat pack so I can take it home myself or do I have to pay for it to be delivered?

I'm fed of of people slagging ikea off when the probably haven't even set foot in the place yet alone owned any of there furniture.

I bet 99% of people who actually own something from IKEA actually don't think it's poorly made

You can't see the council letting them build this. Especially after turning down the Next home store in almost the same location. Could create a few problems for consistent policy if they do!

well if the council turn this down they deserve to be sacked, massive inward investment into sheffirld with 100's of jobs created, its exactly what we need, irrespective of your like or dislike of ikea, this is good for sheffield, good for jobs, and a nice earner for scc, i just hope common sence prevails and not the supposed sevenstone blocking tactics again.

scc i hope you are taking notice!"!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Oooooooooooooooo I can`t wait they Are building a store near meadowhal just been on BBC1 news Yes yes Love it .....x

Discussions with Sheffield Council identified a number of possible locations, including St Mary’s Gate, but these were all rejected as unsuitable, before the Sheffield Road site was chosen.

If SCC reject this then there should be a public meeting.

St Mary's Gate does not work and there is a valid reason for this. But SCC just seem clueless.

Discussions with Sheffield Council identified a number of possible locations, including St Mary’s Gate, but these were all rejected as unsuitable, before the Sheffield Road site was chosen.

If SCC reject this then there should be a public meeting.

St Mary's Gate does not work and there is a valid reason for this. But SCC just seem clueless.

It was just on this mornings new that it is to be built near meadowhall

It was just on this mornings new that it is to be built near meadowhall

I've heard - this is good because it is actually the only location to make the store viable. It is not a Sheffield store, but a Rotherham, Barnsley and surrounding store - it just happens to be located in Sheffield, off the M1.