Poo-bags dog walkers!

I always take a few old carrier bags with me so that I can pop any amount of poo bags in them til I reach a poo bin...much better than walking round with it on show.

we had a woman who purposely let her dog poo outside our house, one day my 3 year old son was on the front fell over both hands in it, went to touch his face got it in his eyes, went to the docs and he said he was extremely lucky not to be blind! i think something really needs doing about it! its unreal.

its not like its hard to put them in a bin..

I must admit if the poo bin is full i used the nearest bin (regardless if its at a house im passing) so i apologies for this - didn't think people would mind if i was picking the poo up

Well done to the individuals who have dumped loads of black poo bags in the wood at the top of Westwick Crescent, S8.

I think the people festooning the trees with their dog poo intend to pick it up on the way back from their walk - at least I hope so - very peculiar behaviour otherwise!

Oh you have made me laugh, thanks!:hihi:

This is quite a common chat between my husband and myself when out walking our dogs. We pick up our dogs poo's and put them in our bin at home.

It does drive you nuts when people pick up the poo and leave the bag on the floor!! the poo would dissolve over a period of a few days if they left it, come on! these people are not only lazy but thick aswell. So, if you are going to pick up your poo, please take it to the nearest bin, if you feel like abandoning the poo and the bag, think again and just leave the poo, not ideal but better than trees festooned in ****!

what gets me,it takes years for a plastic bag to rott,decade,more than poo, lol laugh at the police man finding poo instead of some drugs what was dropped,but shouldnt really.please bin your poo bags people and keep britain green not a complete mess.thanks.

Nice to see the age old debates taking place once again.

My tuppence for what it's worth...

I always pick up my dogs poo but sometimes wonder why I bother when the dog bins seem to get emptied once in a blue moon resulting in a mountain of sh#t and plastic bags. Then of course there are the walks where you'll not see sight nor sound of poo bin and on such occassions hang the bag on a tree, not for decoration but to reind me to pick it up again on my way out. It's not nice to start a 2 hour walk and have to carry around one or more bags of poo for the whole journey.

I have been led to believe that some discussion has been taking place about reversing policies regarding picking up and bagging poo and replacing it with a kick and cover policy anyway which makes a lot more sense. What we really need of course is a human safe chemical that breaks down doggie doo in seconds, then we could all walk round with water pistols in holsters and blast the piles as they land.

Might be worth mentioning also that while poo in the parks isn't pleasent neither is the vast amount of waste that gets left every summer weekend by the picnicers and the current trend for thinking its acceptable (and safe) to have open fires and barbecues in the park.

Nice to see the age old debates taking place once again.

My tuppence for what it's worth...

I always pick up my dogs poo but sometimes wonder why I bother when the dog bins seem to get emptied once in a blue moon resulting in a mountain of sh#t and plastic bags. Then of course there are the walks where you'll not see sight nor sound of poo bin and on such occassions hang the bag on a tree, not for decoration but to reind me to pick it up again on my way out. It's not nice to start a 2 hour walk and have to carry around one or more bags of poo for the whole journey.

I have been led to believe that some discussion has been taking place about reversing policies regarding picking up and bagging poo and replacing it with a kick and cover policy anyway which makes a lot more sense. What we really need of course is a human safe chemical that breaks down doggie doo in seconds, then we could all walk round with water pistols in holsters and blast the piles as they land.

Might be worth mentioning also that while poo in the parks isn't pleasent neither is the vast amount of waste that gets left every summer weekend by the picnicers and the current trend for thinking its acceptable (and safe) to have open fires and barbecues in the park.

vapoorize?

jb

Oh you have made me laugh, thanks!:hihi:

This is quite a common chat between my husband and myself when out walking our dogs. We pick up our dogs poo's and put them in our bin at home.

It does drive you nuts when people pick up the poo and leave the bag on the floor!! the poo would dissolve over a period of a few days if they left it, come on! these people are not only lazy but thick aswell. So, if you are going to pick up your poo, please take it to the nearest bin, if you feel like abandoning the poo and the bag, think again and just leave the poo, not ideal but better than trees festooned in ****!

I have to say that I do this if I am walking in an area that has no poo bins, I bag it up and leave it prominently by the side of the path so that I will remember to pick it up and take it home on the way back...nothing worse than carrying bags of poo around for hours.

This morning we saw a bag of dog poo hung on the fence at Hillsborough Park. Its covering up a sign that tells people to pick up their dog poo. :huh:

Someone has a very strange mindset. :gag:

No excuses for any dog owner, i'm one myself............ I bought some scented bags £1.00 for 200, and I take the mess home.......... to my own bin! ..my dog, my mess, if your kid messed itself would you leave it in the street or throw it in a tree?