Sozzled tomorrow ?

I shall enjoy a bevvy or few :D

I am more sick of hearing from the wingers about the wedding than the wedding itself! If you don't wanna know about it turn into work as normal, turn the channel over when its on and dont click on threads about it!

Which wingers do you mean Woodward, Waddle, Howard Wilkinson,or little Willy Henderson.

I'm a Royalist and firmly believe the Royal Family are good for our country.

Both Kate and William come across as two very nice people who love each other, so I wish them both all the best for the future.

For those who oppose the Royal Family because of their cost to the nation....How much extra money do you think this wedding will generate in tourism to the country over the next week?

Hopefully the feelgood factor from a couple of nice Bank Holiday weekends combined with this wedding will help to kickstart what has been a very depressed economy.

Regards

Doom

For those who oppose the Royal Family because of their cost to the nation....

.... wedding will help to kickstart what has been a very depressed economy.

It has nothing to do with money. If the pharmaceutical companies were allowed to produce and market cocaine, heroin and ketamine it would boost the economy but it wouldn't necessarily be a good thing.

John X

I'm a Royalist and firmly believe the Royal Family are good for our country.

Both Kate and William come across as two very nice people who love each other, so I wish them both all the best for the future.

For those who oppose the Royal Family because of their cost to the nation....How much extra money do you think this wedding will generate in tourism to the country over the next week?

Hopefully the feelgood factor from a couple of nice Bank Holiday weekends combined with this wedding will help to kickstart what has been a very depressed economy.

Regards

Doom

not so sure about that. but will most certainly be having enough alcohol to drown more than a few elephant's livers.

It has nothing to do with money. If the pharmaceutical companies were allowed to produce and market cocaine, heroin and ketamine it would boost the economy but it wouldn't necessarily be a good thing.

John X

But drugs are bad for peoples health and therefore wouldn't be a good thing for the economy in the long term .

The main objection to the Royal Family from many quarters is their cost to the nation, but I'd hazard a guess that the money generated by having such a high profile Royal Family far exceeds the cost.

Let's be honest, our nation can't sell itself as a tourist destination based on our weather and the quality of our beaches, we have to do it on our history.....and the Royal Family are a massive part of that history.

Regards

Doom

But drugs are bad for peoples health and therefore wouldn't be a good thing for the economy in the long term .

The main objection to the Royal Family from many quarters is their cost to the nation, but I'd hazard a guess that the money generated by having such a high profile Royal Family far exceeds the cost.

Let's be honest, our nation can't sell itself as a tourist destination based on our weather and the quality of our beaches, we have to do it on our history.....and the Royal Family are a massive part of that history.

Regards

Doom

very correct doom :thumbsup:

Regards

Doom

wouldn't say the money issue is that big a deal. they probably just about balance out their books(how much they cost and what they bring in).

most people just find them irrelevant, is all. sort of like an appendix. don't really need it, but you wouldn't want to have the hassle of getting rid of it if it wasn't causing you any pain.

Well (for all you miserable sods who are pi88ed off that you don't have invitations) consider this:

If it was a Sunday and you were going to church, there would be no problem if you snuck in a few minutes late.

If you were going to be there today (It's that time already) what time do you expect you would have to be there? 5 minutes before the start? - Get real! Try three hours.

(Just one of the prices one has to pay.)

They are a young couple getting married. I wish them well. I wish them every happiness in the world ...but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they could've got married a bit later in the day.

I'm not quite a 'King Henry' (nor am I a Liz Taylor) but I do remember when I got married ... all of them.

The first time I got married, my mother did the formal bit. I and my intended wife (like this couple) was allowed to invite friends to the ceremony. (We weren't married in an Abbey, so the friend list - for the ceremony- was limited.) There was a small post-nuptial celebration afterwards (family and friends) but my mother arranged the reception in the evening.

I am deeply indebted to my mother. (It was a bit big!)

I doubt that the people getting married today really give tinker's damn about most of the 'guests'. Their friends and family will be there - they will be there - and that's all that counts. Their Mums and Dads will have done their bit (and today, the politicians will have done their bit too) but they - the key players - probably won't give a damn.

They will have invited their friends. William will also have invited the Squadron (that's expected, but the only people who 'accept' that invitation will be those he asked personally.)

It's their day. (Not mine, or yours, or anybody else's.)

I hope they enjoy it.

Well (for all you miserable sods who are pi88ed off that you don't have invitations) consider this:

If it was a Sunday and you were going to church, there would be no problem if you snuck in a few minutes late.

If you were going to be there today (It's that time already) what time do you expect you would have to be there? 5 minutes before the start? - Get real! Try three hours.

(Just one of the prices one has to pay.)

They are a young couple getting married. I wish them well. I wish them every happiness in the world ...but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they could've got married a bit later in the day.

I'm not quite a 'King Henry' (nor am I a Liz Taylor) but I do remember when I got married ... all of them.

The first time I got married, my mother did the formal bit. I and my intended wife (like this couple) was allowed to invite friends to the ceremony. (We weren't married in an Abbey, so the friend list - for the ceremony- was limited.) There was a small post-nuptial celebration afterwards (family and friends) but my mother arranged the reception in the evening.

I am deeply indebted to my mother. (It was a bit big!)

I doubt that the people getting married today really give tinker's damn about most of the 'guests'. Their friends and family will be there - they will be there - and that's all that counts. Their Mums and Dads will have done their bit (and today, the politicians will have done their bit too) but they - the key players - probably won't give a damn.

They will have invited their friends. William will also have invited the Squadron (that's expected, but the only people who 'accept' that invitation will be those he asked personally.)

It's their day. (Not mine, or yours, or anybody else's.)

I hope they enjoy it.

when we get married there are no invitation. word is just sent out to everyone who hears about it with a date and time.