Car Boot Megathread 2011 - Please see first post for details of Car Boots

surfinjim

bye rozee good luck.

(bet you can't resist logging in every so often to see whats happening!)

That's so funny! I probably will!!!

Thanks so much for all you thank you posts - you're very sweet. I won't be leaving now 'til end July but I'm mad busy having to pack up a life of ten years in Sheffield and 3 small children, so I'll bob in when I can.

Edited by RozeePozee

from a sellers point of view which would be the best for me to sell household goods at? clothes, baby clothes, toys etc?

we can get to any car boot in the sheffield area but not really too sure which one we should sell at?

Thanks

Daft question, but do you need to have a vehicle to be able to sell at a car boot? I've some stuff i'd like to bring and sell to one, but not sure how these thigns work, if anyone could shed some light on it that'd be fab! :)

from a sellers point of view which would be the best for me to sell household goods at? clothes, baby clothes, toys etc?

we can get to any car boot in the sheffield area but not really too sure which one we should sell at?

Thanks

To be honest, it depends on the day, how busy it is and who's there buying. I've sold at Tesco Infirmary Road, Hillsborough Arena, Sheffield Arena, Chaucer School and Grenoside car boots and I've had good days and bad days at all of them. For instance, I've been selling at Tesco this morning and made approx £30, but last time I sold there I made £70. So it's swings and roundabouts. Each person who answers this question will probably have a different opinion and their own stories to tell about where to go etc.

Daft question, but do you need to have a vehicle to be able to sell at a car boot? I've some stuff i'd like to bring and sell to one, but not sure how these thigns work, if anyone could shed some light on it that'd be fab! :)

I went to Tesco latter end of last year and there was someone there with no car and a paste table! I did Parson Cross festival about 2 years ago and didn't take the car, just 2 paste tables and all my goodies to sell :hihi: Best to check with wherever you decide to go to though