Hillsborough Park main car park today

Kal el, It's that sort of attitude that makes me sick. At least the bloke who spoke to me today was very reasonable about things.

is that my attitude or theres.:confused::confused:

I don't think they own the land, but they did pay for the car park to be built and drainage to be installed for it.

Their payment, in exchange for all that money, is exclusive use of the car park on match days.

I think it sounds a bit dubious, to be honest. I'd be all for them having an arrangement with a local business or even college/school that wasn't open on a Saturday, but surely, that's when most families want to use the park, at the weekend?

a few years back i took my son fishing in hillsborough park and was turned away from the main car park because of a match and ended up parking in the small car park just of middlewood rd.we had a great days fishing,but when we finished and walked back to my car it had been stolen !! i was fuming to say the least.if i was allowed to park in the main car park i could have kept an eye on my car,which when it was found in leeds was a total right off :rant::rant:

is that my attitude or theres.:confused::confused:

Sorry kal el. Not making myself clear. I was referring to the attitude of the person who told you to **** *** at the time.

I think it sounds a bit dubious, to be honest. I'd be all for them having an arrangement with a local business or even college/school that wasn't open on a Saturday, but surely, that's when most families want to use the park, at the weekend?

There are two choices; no car park, or, a car park only available when Wednesday are not at home.

The council chose the latter option.

I don't think it's true that SWFC paid for the car park to be built. There was a car park there before that, but it was smaller, so I think SWFC may have paid for it to be expanded and resurfaced, to be technically correct.

There are two choices; no car park, or, a car park only available when Wednesday are not at home.

The council chose the latter option.

If, as metalman says, there was an existing but smaller car park there before, then it's not as clear cut, as you imply.

If, as metalman says, there was an existing but smaller car park there before, then it's not as clear cut, as you imply.

I was also under the impression that SWFC paid for the upgrade of an existing

carpark and the upgrade of the existing tatty Tennis Courts.

swfc paid for several improvements to the park in exchange for exclusive use of the car park on match days. there is a sign referring to this near the car park entrance.

Well if they paid for the drainage I think they should ask for there money back judging by the state of it on Saturday after the Thunderstorm!:(