Royal Wedding Street Parties

Are you organising one? going to one?

Im not having one nor going to one. im not a royalist im afraid.

Just looking where to avoid! id hate to drive down your street and end up with cake , flags and bunting all over my car if you havent closed your road off :)

Are you organising one? going to one?

Im not having one nor going to one. im not a royalist im afraid.

Just looking where to avoid! id hate to drive down your street and end up with cake , flags and bunting all over my car if you havent closed your road off :)

You dont need to be a royalist to enjoy these parties, just like you dont need to be Irish to enjoy burns night.

I'm still traumatised by the hysteria surrounding the Jubilee, Charles/Diana wedding, Diana's funeral, Queen Mother's funeral.

Encouragingly I've not met ONE person who's remotely interested in the latest attempt to convince us of their innate superiority. Well done to the younger generation. Just to be safe I'm off to France

I find it hard to understand why anybody would want a street party to celebrate. Millions of people in this country are looking at losing their jobs and homes as the cuts bite. Yet, the taxpayers of this country are paying for these priveleged hangers-on to get married. And apparently it's going to be an 'austerity' wedding. So only half a ton of caviar then?

Hoorah someone with a brain!