People Doing U-Turns in Our Driveway!

I'm bang on the point. You have absolutely nothing to complain about, this whole thread is pointless. It's all because you can't use a little bit of sense & want to be antisocial about it.

Wind your neck back in fella and go read post #21 :roll:

We've put some gates up but the council won't let us put them right on the edge of the driveway, we have to leave 2 metres - which means that people can still pull onto the drivewaby to do a three point turn.

That suggests that the 2m isn't actually your driveway. :huh:

I can't believe, with the problems this country and some people are experiencing that your all whining and arguing about cars doing a u-turn in a driveway.

This is possibly the saddest thread ever. Put things into perspective, it sounds utterly pathetic

'I get dazzled, I'm putting a sign up, I'm putting a plank of wood down, I'm getting CCTV installed'

SAD

I can't believe, with the problems this country and some people are experiencing that your all whining and arguing about cars doing a u-turn in a driveway.

This is possibly the saddest thread ever. Put things into perspective, it sounds utterly pathetic

'I get dazzled, I'm putting a sign up, I'm putting a plank of wood down, I'm getting CCTV installed'

Fully agree Paul.

SAD

It is because of people with your couldn't care less attitude that there are these problems. It doesn't matter whether it is small or big it is all down to the attitude of other people who couldn't care less.

My driveway slopes down towards my house. That means every time someone pulls into the drive with lights on my entire living room is lit up and anyone sitting on one of the sofas are dazzled.

It's not a massive problem. It just gets irritating sometimes. If it was a problem i would have installed a security pole or gates by now.

We have curtains and blinds. When we choose to close them should be our choice and not dictated by someone using our driveway.

I can imagine that being dazzled is quite annoying - and you'd probably still be disturbed, even with curtains drawn.

How about a biggish plastic plant pot/trough at the end of your drive, right in the middle of it? If it's mainly taxis, I'm sure word would soon get round that their convenient turning space is no longer available!

It is because of people with your couldn't care less attitude that there are these problems. It doesn't matter whether it is small or big it is all down to the attitude of other people who couldn't care less.

I don't think it's a case of couldn't care less.You see,when someone turns round in my drive it doesn't bother me in the slightest and,that being the case,it wouldn't occur to me that it would bother someone else if I turned round in their drive. It can make turning much easier.I suppose that's obvious.People wouldn't do it if it made it harder!

I'm just a realist and think when there are people coping with terminal illnesses, unemployment, debt, uncertainty, people getting killed for their country and the list goes on, someone turning around in a drive way doesn't really compare.

And it's people like you that make mountains out of mole hills that's got the country in the state it is actually. Try taking your Rose tinted spec's of before accusing others Of being care free. You must live such a stressful life, bet your the type that gets annoyed with birds singing or kids playing aren't ya? Pathetic.

Edited by strikerPaul