Possible (minor) gas leak, advice please.

I work for major retailer in customer services and we employ corgi registered fitters. Transco do go into houses because I have had them at home and have rung them for customers

Do they trace leaks and do they impose a charge for leak detection?

The term Corgi registered is anachronistic as it is Gas Safe now.I am not registered but I am aware of tightness tests and degrees of tolerance,as I have studied combustion principles etc.It is aquestion of balancing risk which is why mnany pilots in WW2 took risks in their private lives which were dwarfed by the risk of death in combat.I may have appeared childish but I was attempting to show how alarmist your remarks were.If the risks were as hiugh as you claim why does the state not require all households to undergo gas safety checks in additon to the private sector landlords?I do not think you willbe able to answer this question but will wait for your attempts to justify this anomaly.

I live in council house and we have yearly checks but you are talking about an actual gas leak not a safety test. What would you tell your mother or your sister? Don't worry it won't explode. That's what air raid warden told father in laws neighbour in war about UXB just before hitting it with a shovel and killing them both. I'm sure your words of wisdom will look good on OP's epitaph, don't worry it's not a real gas leak:roll:

I live in council house and we have yearly checks but you are talking about an actual gas leak not a safety test. What would you tell your mother or your sister? Don't worry it won't explode. That's what air raid warden told father in laws neighbour in war about UXB just before hitting it with a shovel and killing them both. I'm sure your words of wisdom will look good on OP's epitaph, don't worry it's not a real gas leak:roll:

As predicted you did not address my question but persisted in hypothetical situations and sarcastic remarks.Do you not think safety checks would unearth leaks-why else are they carried out?What is UXB?Unexplode3d bomb for the non-military readers?

Do they trace leaks and do they impose a charge for leak detection?

In my personal experience...Transco will test your domestic supply (downstream of the meter), if there is a problem with the meter or ECV(gas stop tap) they are obliged to rectify it there and then. The phone call is free, the visit is free BUT they will not generally source the leak any further, and therefore usually cap your supply. I have, on one occasion, attended a property where Transco had capped the supply but offered advice as to the 'suspect' appliance.....he had done 'above' his job description but indeed simplified my remedial diagnostic time

as predicted you did not address my question but persisted in hypothetical situations and sarcastic remarks.do you not think safety checks would unearth leaks-why else are they carried out?what is uxb?unexplode3d bomb for the non-military readers?

And you persist in saying that gas leak is not dangerous when it is, why don't you hypothetically ring transco and check. Oh and I might seem to be sarcastic but I'm trying to get OP to check with Transco, better to be safe than sorry and you are being patronising in assuming non-military don't know what UXB is. I was born after war, never been in military but have got tv, eyes and ears

And you persist in saying that gas leak is not dangerous when it is, why don't you hypothetically ring transco and check. Oh and I might seem to be sarcastic but I'm trying to get OP to check with Transco, better to be safe than sorry and you are being patronising in assuming non-military don't know what UXB is. I was born after war, never been in military but have got tv, eyes and ears

No I concede the danger but question its pre-eminence in your exhortations.You used the acronym UXB-I merely sought confirmation of its meaning.It is the patronising who use acronyms to preserve their status etc.I am glad you have TV etc.Which war are you referring to -Crimea,Boer,Korea,Vietnam or the Gulf?

As predicted you did not address my question but persisted in hypothetical situations and sarcastic remarks.Do you not think safety checks would unearth leaks-why else are they carried out?What is UXB?Unexplode3d bomb for the non-military readers?

You didn't need meaning because you put it in this post, so I suggest you stop insulting other peoples intelligence and I certainly am behind you in the sarcasm stakes. BOER WAR ETC

Edited by denlin