Haybrook estate agents - who's dealt with them?

bad experience with haybrooks, have tried to arrange viewings , they either never reply when promising they will or do not turn up for arranged viewings

Every property I wanted to view through Haybrook, we never did!! Awful customer service, it was the branch in the S12 area. If I had to sell a house these would be the last on my list to call.

I found 2Roost very good to deal with, excellent customer service.

Currently buying through Haybrooks - Gleadless branch.

Wanted to view a specific house, but they also told us to go and view another house (even though we weren't interested!)

went anyway, they did turn up for the viewings - and we are actually buying the house we originally wanted to view.

they always called us, and have kept us up to date with how the sale is progressing so happy with their service.

on the other hand, we were told to see their in house mortgage advisor - terrible!! search for a mortgage yourself..

He wanted 1.5% of the mortgage agreed as his charge, and was useless..

Found a mortgage myself, with no fees what so ever - told the advisor i had arranged my own mortgage and they spat the dummy out.

Avoid! We had to take them to the property ombudsman as we had that many issues with a house we rented through them.

I had them do a valuation & quote for selling my old house. I went with another agent because they wanted £££s but then got plagued with unsolicited calls and mail from them to the extent that it put me off viewing anything they were trying to sell. I'm another one that would avoid.

I am up with Haybrook,not sure at the moment,not been too impressed,they want us to sell really cheap which we refused,buyers have multiplyed in the last month so hopefully one will come at the price we want,they all jus want you to sell as quickly as possible so it don't cost them as much for advertising etc.

We unfortunately signed up with haybrook to sell at the chap branch nearly a year ago now. They are rubbish with a capital R. I want to pull out but the contract I signed says I have to pay them 180 pounds to do so....ridicules really but what else can I do to get rid.. I'm gonna have to pay em.

Edited by nursegladys

Not necessarily. Read carefully the contract (Terms & Conditions) into which you + EA entered.

I've no idea on their quality of service, but the fee I was quoted to do the usual agency stuff amounted to nearly 4 or 5 % of suggested sale price.

Hi Jeffery Shaw, yes I checked the contract I signed and even questioned them about it. Apparently if I want to terminate this agency I have to pay the fee for Standard Marketing they can take the money straight from my account as soon as I withdraw my instructions!

Hi JeffREy Shaw, yes I checked the contract I signed and even questioned them about it. Apparently if I want to terminate this agency I have to pay the fee for Standard Marketing they can take the money straight from my account as soon as I withdraw my instructions!

Well, if that's what you agreed, that's what binds you.

UNLESS they have failed to perform their contractual obligations- in which case they broke the contract, and you'd [probably] not have to pay a cancellation fee.

Well, if that's what you agreed, that's what binds you.

UNLESS they have failed to perform their contractual obligations- in which case they broke the contract, and you'd [probably] not have to pay a cancellation fee.

I do think that anyone taking funds from an account must get permission to do so before taking them. This is even if they previously used your card details. Of course they can still chase you for any fee's they feel are due.