Starting Motorcycle chauffeur service

Hi all we are looking for feedback on our new business venture starting up soon which is a motorcycle chauffeur service

We will be fully licensed and insured and will be using 500cc plus motorcycles.

The idea to pick up and drop off customers using single carriage machines

On pickup you will be supplied with helmet with built in 2 way radio mic. Motorcycle jacket, gloves and water proof bottoms.

There are advantages and disadvantages witch have all ready done. We are now trying to find out if this would be popular for Sheffield.

We would also be interested in hearing from biker who would like to consider this as a job

Thankyou for your feedback Paul

Would folk who need a chauffer be able and willing to travel on the back of a bike? Who are you aiming this service at?

well as far as im concerned if i was off to a meeting ect.i wouldnt want to be on back of a bike.....not like were in centre of london and do 2 mph...and this would also cut out the ladies.as they wouldnt want hair messed up for a meeting..and i am a biker so know whats envolved lol

I don't think the council would allow this and grant the necessary licences, even if you could find somebody that would prefer to be on the back on a bike instead of a car?! Maybe you should repost this on 1st April :hihi:

I have already spoke to the council about this like i said in my 1st post and all that side is sorted.

The people i am aiming this service at is thos that require to be somewhere a bit quicker then sitting in the back of a car

But who in this region would want to get somewhere quick on the back of a motorbike? What about the time it takes you to get to them in the first place?

As a biker, you know how difficult it is to ride a bike with an inexperienced pillion passenger (especially if weaving through traffic and speed is involved).

I'm a biker and riding pillion scares the (you know what!) out of me; as someone else has mentioned, what type of user are you aiming this at (getting somewhere quick is not the answer, I mean what is the market for such a service)?

The only person I would think who might benefit from this is a desperate bank robber!

Normally I wish anyone with a business idea good luck, but on this ocassion I'm not. I think the idea is fundamentally flawed and I would be horrified if I found out one of my family or friends ever used such a service.

Can't imagine myself ever using this, and I do make regular use of taxi's.

I struggle to see when it would be any quicker as well, by the time you've messed about putting on all the gear and taking it off again at the other end it would have to be particularly bad traffic to be quicker than just jumping in a cab.

Works in Bangkok! But then Bangkok is a traffic nightmare with frequent gridlock and a sprawling central area; Sheffield isn't. They also have gangs of scooter-taxi men at the end of every soi.

You'll need to really hone your market research here. I certainly can't imagine it being a full time job. I have been considering something similar (albeit not with motorcycles), but can't see it being a 40 hour working week.

As others have suggested I don't think traffic is heavy enough to make something like this useful. The ability to get through traffic quicker is the only real advantage isn't it? There are quite a few disadvantages.

Has this idea been thought through? ie. market research been done enough to qualify demand?

I can't begin to imagine who would use it. People who attend meetings are either reps, execs or senior management, in the main (but without excluding others). Those type wear suits, and will have files, perhaps a laptop, etc, with them. They can hardly turn up outside their intended venue and walk in with leathers on to then start taking them off either in the foyer/reception, outside the door, or in the toilets. It's just not business etiquette. It's not practical in most cases either.

You need enough people to need it regularly enough to make a living out of it at least, that's before you start making a profit out of it. Is there enough demand? I can't see how/where.

But who in this region would want to get somewhere quick on the back of a motorbike? What about the time it takes you to get to them in the first place?

As a biker, you know how difficult it is to ride a bike with an inexperienced pillion passenger (especially if weaving through traffic and speed is involved).

I'm a biker and riding pillion scares the (you know what!) out of me; as someone else has mentioned, what type of user are you aiming this at (getting somewhere quick is not the answer, I mean what is the market for such a service)?

The only person I would think who might benefit from this is a desperate bank robber!

Normally I wish anyone with a business idea good luck, but on this ocassion I'm not. I think the idea is fundamentally flawed and I would be horrified if I found out one of my family or friends ever used such a service.

couldent of put it better myself as a biker i wouldent want just anybody on back of me

Virgin do this in London herd it works pretty well (in london anyway)