Protest the cuts to our services before it is too late!

Over the weekend The Royal College of Nursing warned that waiting times and the quality of care in our hospitals cannot be maintained by a Health Service that is subject to the cuts that have been implemented, and the Patients Association has stated that people are already having to wait, sometimes in severe pain, for surgery. Meanwhile, nurses have gone on record as stating that reduced staff levels have already put patients at risk.

The Association of Chief Police Officers has released their forecast that 28,000 posts are to be lost, with the likelihood of 12,000 Police Officers being cut, the rest being Community Support Officers and other Police and Civilian Staff.

The neoliberal coalition are dedicated to the doctrine of cutting public services in order to transfer wealth into private hands, and deregulating so that the corporations and multinationals can make enormous profit without hindrance. Any doubt that this is the intention can be dismissed when listening to Mr Cameron's claims on Sunday that 'regulation is the enemy of enterprise'.

Our services, the services that you and me rely upon in times of need, are being attacked as a matter of routine by the neoliberal coalition. We must protest these policies. To ignore the situation is to betray our own future and the health and well being of our children.

Over the weekend The Royal College of Nursing warned that waiting times and the quality of care in our hospitals cannot be maintained by a Health Service that is subject to the cuts that have been implemented, and the Patients Association has stated that people are already having to wait, sometimes in severe pain, for surgery. Meanwhile, nurses have gone on record as stating that reduced staff levels have already put patients at risk.

The Association of Chief Police Officers has released their forecast that 28,000 posts are to be lost, with the likelihood of 12,000 Police Officers being cut, the rest being Community Support Officers and other Police and Civilian Staff.

The neoliberal coalition are dedicated to the doctrine of cutting public services in order to transfer wealth into private hands, and deregulating so that the corporations and multinationals can make enormous profit without hindrance. Any doubt that this is the intention can be dismissed when listening to Mr Cameron's claims on Sunday that 'regulation is the enemy of enterprise'.

Our services, the services that you and me rely upon in times of need, are being attacked as a matter of routine by the neoliberal coalition. We must protest these policies. To ignore the situation is to betray our own future and the health and well being of our children.

It appears to me as though institutions or organisations such as The Royal College of Nurses or the Association of Police Officers are forecasting such figures to try and protect themselves from cuts. Don't get me wrong, the cuts are inevitable, but by releasing such figures they can try and minimise their exposure to them.

"Regulation is the enemy of enterprise" has it's foundations, too. The UK needs to re-allign itself as a centre of technological advancement, particularly in the technology sector (which appears to be growing nicely around Cambridge). Regulation is notoriously bad for technology companies, but for more traditional markets such as finance and construction, there's an argument that "smarter and more effective" regulation is required as appose to simply more of it.

Over the weekend The Royal College of Nursing warned that waiting times and the quality of care in our hospitals cannot be maintained by a Health Service that is subject to the cuts that have been implemented

Fine, where's the money coming from to pay for it?

Here's a map of global debt (link). Red denotes the highest amount of debt.

Do you recognize the sole red coloured country on that map? I think you probably do.

£300,000.00 for EVERY UK Household

This paper presents calculations of the UK's real national debt and for the first time charts its growth over the last decade.

The real national debt extends far beyond the Government's formal measurements. It also includes substantial liabilities in relation to unfunded public sector pensions, unfunded state pensions, the Private Finance Initiative (PFI), Network Rail, nuclear decommissioning and a number of other items.

At the end of 2009-10, the real national debt stood at £7.9 trillion, over £300,000 for every single household in Britain.

During the last decade the debt has more than tripled, soaring from 230 per cent of GDP (£2.3 trillion) up to 560 per cent of GDP (£7.9 trillion)

The official national debt – the one quoted by the Chancellor in his budget – hugely understates taxpayer liabilities; it now constitutes barely one-tenth of our real national debt.

It should also be noted that our figures may be underestimates. In addition to the debts we have examined, the public sector has a wide range of possible contingent liabilities – estimated to be as high as £543 billion.

LINK (PDF document)

'Britain is totally insolvent'

Gordon Brown brings Britain to the edge of bankruptcy

Labour's Bankrupt Britain

(I do realize that I'm wasting my time with all these posts. Seemingly nothing can shake many people's belief in the magic, never emptying money bin that the evil, mustache twirling rotters in the coalition are selfishly withholding from the decent, hardly working families of Britain.)

Fine, where's the money coming from to pay for it?Here's a map of global debt (link). Red denotes the highest amount of debt.

Do you recognize the sole red coloured country on that map? I think you probably do.

£300,000.00 for EVERY UK Household

LINK (PDF document)

'Britain is totally insolvent'

Gordon Brown brings Britain to the edge of bankruptcy

Labour's Bankrupt Britain

(I do realize that I'm wasting my time with all these posts. Seemingly nothing can shake many people's belief in the magic, never emptying money bin that the evil, mustache twirling rotters in the coalition are selfishly withholding from the decent, hardly working families of Britain.)

The Bankers. 7 Billion of bonuses, 6 billion of cuts.

Remember as Mervyn King, the Govenor of The Bank of England says:

'The price of this financial crisis is being borne by people who absolutely did not cause it'.

"Now is the period when the cost is being paid, I'm surprised that the degree of public anger has not been greater than it has."

The Bankers. 7 Billion of bonuses, 6 billion of cuts. Remember as Mervyn King, the Govenor of The Bank of England says:

'The price of this financial crisis is being borne by people who absolutely did not cause it'.

"Now is the period when the cost is being paid, I'm surprised that the degree of public anger has not been greater than it has."

While certainly not a fan of bankers the money they are throwing around in bonuses doesn't belong to the government so how is it supposed to be used to fund services as you seem to be suggesting? As for protesting cuts - again that's fine if you feel the need but where do you expect the money to come from to pay for these services? The country is in massive debt and simply doesn't have the money to cover all the desired services at the moment. That's not any sort of political statement just a pragmatic one.

When will people realise that we can not afford to maintain the cost of 'public services'. The last Labour government contributed massively to the problems faced by all of us today, and cuts are needed like it or not, what is the alternative ?

The average working person in this country is being taxed and squeezed to the limit, we have thrown millions upon millions at the NHS and education system. Salaries at the top level in the public services and the top council officials, quangos and non jobs etc have all become too much.

I will not protest the cuts, because I can't afford to, people need to wake up and smell the coffee, this is not about your political persuasion, the cuts are needed because our current system is unnaffordable !

When will people realise that we can not afford to maintain the cost of 'public services'. The last Labour government contributed massively to the problems faced by all of us today, and cuts are needed like it or not, what is the alternative ?

The average working person in this country is being taxed and squeezed to the limit, we have thrown millions upon millions at the NHS and education system. Salaries at the top level in the public services and the top council officials, quangos and non jobs etc have all become too much.

I will not protest the cuts, because I can't afford to, people need to wake up and smell the coffee, this is not about your political persuasion, the cuts are needed because our current system is unnaffordable !

So you want to wait up to a year for a service abd pay 10 times as much? The truth is the private sector cannot possibly deliver the services in a timely and reasonably priced manner.

Amen.

i think as many as possible should attend the conference this weekend,stand and be counted.

Up the revolution.