Whats the most obvious shoplifter you've seen

I detest shop lifters and am always looking out for them and always, always report anyone I see.

Saddo :roll:

several years ago i was living in edinburgh and i was walking along princess street doing some shopping. all of a sudden a young kid came running out of virgin megastore and straight across the main road and straight under the front wheels of a double decker bus. needless to say he was instantly killed.

it turned out he had been trying to steel a few cd singles and been chased by the security guards. followers where left at the pavement side by the impact ove rthe next few days and people wrote messages in chalk on the stone. one read " serves you right for steeling you stupid b#stard you got what you deserved" harsh indeed but they have a point to a degree!

flowers that should read not followers sorry!

Our local shop keeps gettin done over. Still Police dont do anything about it, if anythin i see less of them round my end! x

Most prolific shoplifter in Hillsborough is known to everyone, shopkeepers and shoppers alike. He's been barred from the precinct no end of times. His most obvious shopping expedition was when he walked into peacocks lifted a whole rail of jeans and just legged it out of the precinct.

Sad thing is we all know who he is, where he lives and the police just need to be told his name and he gets pinched. :rolleyes:

Not exactly shop lifting, but fraud i guess

peacocks in town, Asian lady with£340 worth of clothes. She insisted she didnt want to use chip and pin, her card. MUST be swiped and signed. Presumably she didnt know the pin but could do the signature.

She spoke good English, but the assistant was wary of it, as you would be, and asked her surname. She suddenly lost English skills and didnt know what a surname or address was. "i don't understand what is surname? What do you meaning by address?"

Assistant got the manager... Who put the sale through! Shocking.

Again, not really shoplifting. I used to work in a bar and two blokes came in one day just after opening time. Said they had come to swap the cigarette machine for a new one. Took the machine out on a trolley and put it in a van outside. Came back into the bar and asked the member of staff to sign for the new machine before they brought it it. They then went out to the van and drove off........a couple of grand worth of cigs and nearly a grand in cash :hihi:

Heard about a bloke in a supermarket who picked up a flat screen tv and just walked off with it.

When I lived in Birmingham, I used to help out at jumble sales for Cats Protection. There was one woman who usually turned up with a squad of children, including one in a pushchair, which she used as a battering ram to get closer to the stalls!

Her children were trained to scramble to the front on hands and knees, and pull stuff from the tables! In the meantime, she would pick up handfuls of clothes, push them into a bag and then screech something like, "Four items - how much?"

Anybody who queried how many items she'd got was subject to a mouthful of abuse!!

We never did manage to stop her completely - the best we could hope for was to wrestle most of the clothes from her children and refuse to let her have a bagful of stuff for pennies. We got cursed up hill and down dale for that - and she usually threatened to call either the police or her husband, because we'd accused her of theft (which we were careful not to do).

After witnessing that performance, any other shoplifting pales into insignificance!:hihi:

The most amazing thing my husband and I ever saw being stolen was a garden shed from a D I Y store don't know how they did it without being seen.The staff didn't seem to know what was happening it just disappeared on the back of a flat back truck fully assembled

I've got one. About 9 years back I worked as a checkout operative in B&Q . One lovely summer afternoon me and my colleauge were serving customers. It was particularly busy because it was so hot people were buying gardening and BBQ equipment. Anyhow I happened to spot a young lass out of the corner of my eye walk through a till isle pulling a flatbed trolley. As she passed behind me I caught sight of two lawnmowers on the flatbed and proceeded to follow her. As she exited the doors she realised she'd been rumbled and began to run but still with a tight grip on the trolley.

Me and my colleauge gave Chase until she dropped her booty at the far end of the carpark to which we retrived the mowers and went back to work. It was 2 qualcast petrol mowers priced at £350 each. She had tried to slip through the queues quietly with over £700 worth of stock. Know what we got the next day from management??? A telling off for giving Chase.

We saw a few funny things in there actually. A regular trick were people buying a cheap lightfitting say £20 but inside the box there was a £100 powertool. Of course the innocent customer never knew a thing about that.....

Edited by Bethsmummy

My sister used to go into Asda in Wednesbury, West Midlands and fill her shopping trolley to the brim, and then just walk out the main entrance with it, she'd do this every single week and always walked out with at least £100 worth, and to my knowledge was never once stopped. Thankfully this stopped when her addiction to heroin stopped.

That's probably the most obvious I've ever seen, it's like she always said though, the more blatant you are about it, the easier it is to get away with it, you look all nervous and stand there looking all around you and checking over your shoulder every 3 seconds you stand out like a sore thumb.