Groupon sold out

I wonder how these work when it is small local businesses? Do groupon just ring round and try negotiate a deal? You can see how that would cause problems. A business thinks great we can get 1000 extra customers but then when the customers start turning up they realise they can't meet the extra demand and also they don't really make much money because they offered Groupon too good a deal.

I wonder how these work when it is small local businesses? Do groupon just ring round and try negotiate a deal? You can see how that would cause problems. A business thinks great we can get 1000 extra customers but then when the customers start turning up they realise they can't meet the extra demand and also they don't really make much money because they offered Groupon too good a deal.

I agree with you here Cynic........I will still look to buy Groupon but to be honest will probably only purchase if the offer is a chain eg the BodyShop one where I know it will def be honoured - which is actually a real shame as it is probably the independants who need the trade more.

Yes they do ring around businesses negotiating a deal but don't advise them how many they may sell! If you want to stop a deal when you think 'how on earth are we going to manage all those people' you need to ring and ask them to take the deal off !

My OH is pretty disappointed at the moment, out of the last 4 Groupon's she's bought (over 2months), 2 have cancelled the deals when she phoned up to book them (Essensuals - Hair & Complete Car Care - Car Valet) and the last 2 (massage - MediSpa & Hair - Hush Hair) neither answer the telephone.

Groupon are losing credibility, Groupon should arrange with the businesses how many to sell and the businesses should honour those sold. Not quite sure who's at fault.

Groupon=Groupoff in our house!!!

I've got to agree. If Groupon want to keep what shreds of reputation remain, they really need to get some water tight deals with their promotions.

I think the problem is these companies just want the promotion - they've no idea or ability to actually take on 600+ new customers who all want to take advantage of their offer.

Which makes you wonder why they did it in the first place.

I agree that businesses should take more care over what they offer. I bought two Vito's vouchers, with the first one we had a meal and it was all very pleasant and a bargain.

When I rang to book the second one about 2 months later, they changed their manner as soon as I said it was a voucher and told me there was a £5 per meal surcharge on top of the voucher price!

Appreciate that Rupert my OH has no problem with the availability of the vouchers when buying from Groupon, the issue is that frequently when calling the retailers to book them she is then told the voucher has been withdrawn or similar. This natuarally puts both the retailer and Groupon in a poor light regradless of who is actually at fault.

Appreciate that Rupert my OH has no problem with the availability of the vouchers when buying from Groupon, the issue is that frequently when calling the retailers to book them she is then told the voucher has been withdrawn or similar. This natuarally puts both the retailer and Groupon in a poor light regradless of who is actually at fault.

I agree totally with your comments.

Try KGBdeals as they are a newer group and so don't sell as many deals each day so you have less chance of them being cancelled after sale !