Groupon sold out

Another group on been cancelled! I booked the medi spa offer for three of us only to get an email today saying group on should have only sold 300 but sold 840 and they can't fit people in before the six month expiry date!

I have been offered the same treatment but for 27.50 instead of the original 14.00 I paid with group on!!

First time Ive ever used it and now abit unsure!!

Another group on been cancelled! I booked the medi spa offer for three of us only to get an email today saying group on should have only sold 300 but sold 840 and they can't fit people in before the six month expiry date!

I have been offered the same treatment but for 27.50 instead of the original 14.00 I paid with group on!!

First time Ive ever used it and now abit unsure!!

So nat85 - does that mean you did actually manage to get hold of Medi Spa?? My wife has tried several times to phone up to book a massage and the phone just rings and rings with no answer (not even a machine!). I even drove out to find the place today and knocked on the door and (even though someone was blatantly in as I could hear music playing) there was answer, despite the Groupon voucher saying that Medi Spa is open all day every day! The other thing is that there are NO signs around the place saying that it is Medi Spa which all seems a bit odd to me - just looks like someones (very large) house! Would be interested to know you thoughts? I have e-mailed Groupon asking for a refund and they said to be patient as the voucher was valid for a long time and that they have had no complaints about this offer! I have e-mailed Groupon again tonight with a link to this page again asking for a refund - fingers crossed! PS it is also the first time I have used Groupon - not impressed!!

Hiya I did manage to get hold of medi spa the first day after the offer had ended she took my telephone number and said she would ring me back but never did so I rang back the day after. Both times it would have been just as they opened around 9am. They do open 7 days a week because my appointment was for a Sunday.

I sent group on an email on Friday asking how long it would be until my refund was processed but still haven't had a reply yet but I will let you know what is said. I paid via paypal so surely if they don't refund my money paypal will? Did your wife get an email with an attachment from medi spa saying that group on will be refunding all customers as this was their error?

I'm very unsure about group on now, I'll see how they handle this before I use again!

I will keep you informed!!

Would be interested to know you thoughts? I have e-mailed Groupon asking for a refund and they said to be patient as the voucher was valid for a long time and that they have had no complaints about this offer! I have e-mailed Groupon again tonight with a link to this page again asking for a refund - fingers crossed! PS it is also the first time I have used Groupon - not impressed!!

Groupon are definitely fibbing on this one as my OH has e-mailed twice regarding the Medi-spa offer to complain and to request a refund which she has now received. She never actually managed to get an answer from Medi-spa's phone and even sent an e-mail via a Natural Therapy listing website that Medi-Spa appears on and still got no response.

Edited by JB-Property

Hiya just wondered if you'd heard anything from groupon about a refund yet? I've now sent two emails and rung loads of times but no one ever answers it just tells you to email!

Thanks

I've got my refund they emailed me last night!

Edited by nat85
Finally got my refund!

We have finally got a refund from Groupon re Medi Spa. Got the following email from them:-

"I am sincerely sorry this deal turned out to be such a bad experience for you, thanks for letting us know.

I have forwarded your comments to all involved parties. As a young company we are always looking for ways to improve your experience and will do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again.

As requested, I have now cancelled your Groupons for Medi Spa and refunded the amount of £14.00 back to your method of payment."

We never did get any answer from Medi Spa - they will certainly not be getting any business from us in the future!

I wonder how these work when it is small local businesses? Do groupon just ring round and try negotiate a deal? You can see how that would cause problems. A business thinks great we can get 1000 extra customers but then when the customers start turning up they realise they can't meet the extra demand and also they don't really make much money because they offered Groupon too good a deal.

Hi Cynic

We have just started whats called a "Group Buying" website (I hate that phrase, its a daily deals website really). The problem with the affore mentioned company is that they don't really care that much, they just want to sell as many as possible.

I have a client that got to 500 and tried to put a hold on the deal (like they had originally agreed) and by the time they got the deal closed they had sold well over 750. This was a hair salon in Leeds. They are running a deal with us later this month for their ecclesall road salon. The company only gets paid, once a customer redeems their voucher and if they dont the company doesnt get paid. They also take a large commission.

We are trying to work differently. We are just a very small family business and we arent selling that many vouchers (yet), but we always put a limit if the company wants it and we also pay them on every voucher sold 14 days after the deal closes.

We are trying not to get to a stage where the company cant cope.

Hopefully this will pay off. We are only 4 weeks old at the moment, so a long way to go.

We have finally got a refund from Groupon re Medi Spa. Got the following email from them:-

"I am sincerely sorry this deal turned out to be such a bad experience for you, thanks for letting us know.

I have forwarded your comments to all involved parties. As a young company we are always looking for ways to improve your experience and will do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again.

As requested, I have now cancelled your Groupons for Medi Spa and refunded the amount of £14.00 back to your method of payment."

We never did get any answer from Medi Spa - they will certainly not be getting any business from us in the future!

I must have called them about 30 times now. Good to hear you got a refund, I have just requested one. When a company blatently isn't providing the service offered they should cancel the offer and refund all customers... be interesting to know if anyone was able to get what they paid for ??

The amount sold used to say 200+.. perhaps it's gone down with the refunds so far.

Wasn't it groupon in the news recently for advertising iphones? ipads? when they actually only had 8 of them.

i know Groupola had a deal for them and it crashed the server and they provided no updates. They have since closed Groupola for a certain amount of time.