'What were they on about?' What Grandparents from Sheffield used to say.

Kit!

willybrite, buy her that small book, Sheffieldish, a beginners guide, by Derek Whomersley. Cant think who would stock it, try central library, always helpful, them. My daughters fiance p...ed himself at our lingo, poor lad, from Plymouth.

hiya, thanks but i think they have it amongst others we always buy them a token of their visits and i'm sure this book was one of them, i had a surprise on sunday we all went to my daughters home for a meal and his wife is into the ancestor .co.uk site and she was showing me how far she had got with the family history she had gotten back to 1770 with my in laws family,and her family back to her russian ancestors.

Mi Muther used to say 'It's Henry Halls brother ont telly toneet.

Henry Hall (I think) was a Big Band leader.

His brother was either

Sod Hall

Bugger Hall or

F. Hall

Knowing mi muther, it'll be third 'un. :hihi:

hiya reading your letter about henry hall brought back some memories of the 40s wireless like home service, light program, long wave,medium wave, and some programs like,workers playtime, happydrome. remember , we three of happydrome working for the bbc ......... and enoch and me, being mr lovejoy

the man in black, valantine dayal. dick barton,special agent.i can hear my dad now when he was reading his paper saying turn that rubbish off, or turn it down a bit.

hiya reading your letter about henry hall brought back some memories of the 40s wireless like home service, light program, long wave,medium wave, and some programs like,workers playtime, happydrome. remember , we three of happydrome working for the bbc ......... and enoch and me, being mr lovejoy

the man in black, valantine dayal. dick barton,special agent.i can hear my dad now when he was reading his paper saying turn that rubbish off, or turn it down a bit.

Ramsbottom and Enoch and me.

"This is Henry Hall speaking" .

Apparently he always said that because it had once been reported that he was dead ...

Do you really not know what that saying means, or are you just trying to shock us with bad language? You'll have esme <removing> you, if you're not careful.

I always thought 'framing' was the same as 'shaping' meaning to get it right, get it into shape, as in 'you'd better shape up' :)

YES your right rubydazzler, your not framing means your not trying, or your not doing it right. so to frame up ment to pull your self together and get it right.

Gran use to tell Grandad...sup it up! he could never wait for his tea to cool down, he'd pour it into the saucer and drink from that rather than wait, miserable old bugger he was , then he'd wipe his bread around her bacon & eggs breakfast plate before she could finish .:mad: