Help beat the fly tipping scum !

Blame the council and their stupid decision to ban large vans from the council tips .

Before that happened , there was never the amount of fly tipping there is now. Its no good the council banging on about those pesky fly tippers , when this is a problem they brought on all by themselves.

agree with you 100% :thumbsup:

Blame the council and their stupid decision to ban large vans from the council tips .

Before that happened , there was never the amount of fly tipping there is now. Its no good the council banging on about those pesky fly tippers , when this is a problem they brought on all by themselves.

No, blame the government for imposing a large fee for commercial disposal. The council found it was easier to blanket ban large domestic vehicles than it was to ensure that they weren't commercial tippers.

wot? thats really confused me now. So if if I have my kitchen rebuilt and give the old units to be disposed of, I have to buy a waste licence or risk being fined? Do I need one if I hire a skip? I would have thought the disposer should have the paperwork.

Have i got it right, or got mixed up?

No, it's your responsibility to ensure that whoever takes your waste has an up to date licence. Simply having a view of it should suffice.

That`s absolutely no excuse for anyone to fly tip.

They could pay to dump there crap, they just don`t want to.

So these scum are not only anti social, but they`re bleedin` tight as well.

What I would say is that the council should use some of the revenue they get (from charging for tradesmen to dump waste) to employ more anti fly tipping detectives.

I hate fly tippers with a passion, they`re only one up from burglars in my opinion. But what to do about it ?

Well I wrote to the Sheffield Telegraph (see their letters page 27 Jan 11) and they`re prepared to publish any up to date photographs of fly tipping in their paper.

Ideally if someone has had some work done on their house and (say) saw their old kitchen units dumped, they get on to either the Telgraph or the Police and BINGO, one scummy fly tipper nicked.

Get you cameras clicking.

Fly tipping's not such a bad thing, it keeps people in a job!

What I would say is that the council should use some of the revenue they get (from charging for tradesmen to dump waste) to employ more anti fly tipping detectives.

It would be a lot cheaper for the council to just allow vans to tip at the council dump it sites ,like the used to do .

problem solved.

It would be a lot cheaper for the council to just allow vans to tip at the council dump it sites ,like the used to do .

problem solved.

How would you suggest the council distinguish between professional tippers and joe public?

problem solved.

I would bet most fly tipping is caused by rubbish clearance blokes with vans who haven't got the required licences and permits. Just out to make a quick quid. These are people who just cant be bothered to run a business legitimately.

If a person owns a van and needs to get rid of personal waste all you have to do is phone up for a one off visit or apply for a permit so you can go more often.

No, it's your responsibility to ensure that whoever takes your waste has an up to date licence. Simply having a view of it should suffice.

I`m sure that if you employed a reputable tradesman you would get a quote (then a receipt) on which it will say : "and remove waste from site". Even if this is absent I would ensure this is written on any quote/receipt anyway, but if all you have is a receipt for the work that`s been done I`d have thought the tradesman would still be in a very weak position if it came to court. Apart from anything else you can prove he`s rebuilt your kitchen, your old kitchen has appeared up Rivelin way, you don`t own the van needed to move it, and he does own said van......

Don`t have any receipt because you`ve paid cash in hand ?

Well I`ve no bleedin` sympathy for you. Everyone should only deal with tradesman who give receipts, and pay tax on their income. I`m constantly amazed by how often you hear people moaning on about people ("especially rich people") who allegedly don`t pay tax on their income, then they employ dodgey tradesman "cash in hand".

The stench of hypocrisy is nauseating.

Edited by Justin Smith

I`m sure that if you employed a reputable tradesman you would get a quote (then a receipt) on which it will say : "and remove waste from site". Even if this is absent I would ensure this is written on any quote/receipt anyway, but if all you have is a receipt for the work that`s been done I`d have thought the tradesman would be in a very weak position if it came to court.

Don`t have any receipt because you`ve paid cash in hand ?

Well I`ve no bleedin` sympathy for you. Everyone should only deal with tradesman who give receipts, and pay tax on their income. I`m constantly amazed by how often you hear people moaning on about people ("especially rich people") who allegedly don`t pay tax on their income, then they employ dodgey tradesman "cash in hand".

The stench of hypocrisy is nauseating.

Similar to a builder who used to drink in The Princess Royal and complained about his taxes going to the unemployed. He also remarked "all benefit claimants must be on the fiddle, they couldn't afford to live on what they get. I should know, half my labourers are on the dole".

He really couldn't understand why we fell about laughing.

problem solved.

It wouldn`t though. There has always been fly tipping, though I accept it may be worse now. Quite apart from anything else I frequently see things like bin liners full of rubbish dumped in beauty spots when it`d be easy to get those into dump it sites in a car.

The point is I very much object to anyone trying to make excuses for these scum.