Sheffield council rehousing dilema

never said it was responsible i said it was unfair,, we live in a society that ables us all to have a good quality of life why not, others get it why cant they? equal for all,

Of course it's not equal for all. How is it equal that I have to go out to work and pay for my lifestyle when others just have a couple of kids and get it given to them?

If I wanted a council property I'd have to build up waiting time and wouldn't be considered for priority as I'm working. They'd expect me to rent privately in a property that I could afford - and quite rightly.

This person should be happy that they have a roof as there are many people with children who aren't quite so lucky.

Sooner or later there will need to be 'social housing' for people who go to work.

After paying there taxes etc....many cannot afford toilet roll, and employ their dog to use its tongue to wipe there bottoms

And what about the employees who aren't getting any pay increases, but who are council tenants and their rents are being increased?

And what about the employees who aren't getting any pay increases, but who are council tenants and their rents are being increased?

Thats exactly what I'm saying. Sooner or later housing will need to be subsidised for people in work

Scenario for the OP:

You have a house, your partner has a house? You have a roof, your partner has a roof?

What if there's a single mum with a boy and a girl who becomes homeless, her family live in Woodhouse, and her kids attend school there. She's given priority by Sheffield Homes. She needs her family to provide support for her, and she feels the same about your partner with regards to uprooting her kids and making them change schools.

Would you be happy taking this property away from her?

Well by your scenario....we could both stay in our own houses and deprive a single mother of a home as we have 2 homes,re house me in the home iv found,and we could re house 2 more familys.

Also,is it fair to deprive my 10 month old son a father?

Well by your scenario....we could both stay in our own houses and deprive a single mother of a home as we have 2 homes,re house me in the home iv found,and we could re house 2 more familys.

Also,is it fair to deprive my 10 month old son a father?

So, how many people will be actually living in the new property?

I see your point with the whole thing of giving up 2 properties - but Sheffield Homes have a policy to stick to. They will advertise the property, and if it goes to waiting time, it will go to the applicant who has been registered the longest. If someone has been on the list 20 years, waiting for a property in Woodhouse, then how is it fair that someone just comes along and takes their dream property?

No policy is perfect. But there have to be rules and criteria.

Basically, you're expecting other people to do something that you're not willing to do.

So, how many people will be actually living in the new property?

I see your point with the whole thing of giving up 2 properties - but Sheffield Homes have a policy to stick to. They will advertise the property, and if it goes to waiting time, it will go to the applicant who has been registered the longest. If someone has been on the list 20 years, waiting for a property in Woodhouse, then how is it fair that someone just comes along and takes their dream property?

No policy is perfect. But there have to be rules and criteria.

Basically, you're expecting other people to do something that you're not willing to do.

There would be 4 people,fulltime,but iv 4 other children who come to stay regulary,3 of which are young adults not in education.

It may well be theres a deserving single mom of 3 in woodhouse thats more deserving,and if she gets it,thats fair enough.

But,if i get it,the same single moms in deepcar and stocksbridge will benefit,as would the same single mom in handsworth,also,my gfs son gains a dad,and my 10 month old son would get a fulltime dad,and 2 people that want to create a stable,loving caring home,can do so.

Of course theres rules and fairness,and im willing to abide by them,all im saying is,my way,there are FAR more winners,and it makes a LOT more sense

leviathan13

as for the not working i work full time and have done since i was 16 untill having my baby and will be going back after my maternity leave i have had my name on the council for 8 years but when i accepted the 1 bedroom flat my name was taken off and waiting time lost unknown to me at the time

Why should the council give you this house just because you want it?

what about the fact that there may be many other people that may want it too?

If you want it bid like everyone else.

My gf doesnt have enough housing points to bid on it,although i do,but, im already in a council property,a whacking great 3 bedroom thats no use to me at all as my kids have grown up.

Id have thought in this day and age a little common sense could prevail,as if we move out,wed free up an extra home for someone!

<takes mod hat off for a minute>

How is your property going to be too big if your partner moves in with you?

What exactly makes either of you priority enough to jump the queue over someone else who may have more need of this empty property? you both have a property, either of which you could live in.

the maths doesn't worrk.

1) your gf moves in with you... that still leaves two houses freed up for others.. her property and the one that's currently empty.

2) you move in with the gf... that also still leaves two houses freed up for others:- your property, and the one that's currently empty

sheffield homes are <removed> they wont even entertain moving me im stuck in a 1 bed upperfloor flat with a child under 1 and a baby on the way

<mod hat off, again>

I remember your post on this problem from before. and I remember it being explained to you at that time:-

1) how you are not technically overcrowded, as you still have less than the permitted number of persons living in your property.

and 2) the questions raised about how you have managed to let yourself become pregnant not once, but twice whilst in a one-bedroomed property.

Why should the council give you this house just because you want it?

what about the fact that there may be many other people that may want it too?

If you want it bid like everyone else.

Because it would free up another property for another family,who cant bid on either mine or hers as we live in them,but they can if we vacate.

and its vacant and noboddy can bid on it.....yet.