To the impatient idiot in the LR discovery..

Not unless i'm buying it for the wife :D

You men in your classic 4x4's!! You think you own the road!! ;):D

Driving like a madman (or possibly madwoman)

In your words driving like a madman, so how did you manage to keep up with said vehicle if you weren't driving like a loony too?

As someone said before these posts are attention seeking. No one is really bothered about your boring driving blog. I see theese 'madmen' everyday yet do i feel the need to tell the world??? Stick it on twitter instead. Its so stale yawn yawn yawn :roll:

<<<You men in your classic 4x4's!! You think you own the road!! >>>

Got it in one!

Weld: hmmm, (going a bit off-thread) A guarded 'yes' but I got a local(ish) guy from the Landie forum to come and do my welding on my Project landie. I have the gear, but not quite the expertise!

Got it in one!

Weld: hmmm, (going a bit off-thread) A guarded 'yes' but I got a local(ish) guy from the Landie forum to come and do my welding on my Project landie. I have the gear, but not quite the expertise!

Wheres the "knickers" smilie when you want one??

My dad got in touch with a welder through Paddocks at Matlock, a guy behind the counter recommended him. Did a good job too.

Got it in one!

Sent a pm :)

In your words driving like a madman, so how did you manage to keep up with said vehicle if you weren't driving like a loony too?

As someone said before these posts are attention seeking. No one is really bothered about your boring driving blog. I see theese 'madmen' everyday yet do i feel the need to tell the world??? Stick it on twitter instead. Its so stale yawn yawn yawn :roll:

If you had read the post correctly - you would notice that I kept up with them at the legal speeds .

So they drove like an idiot but didnt get anywhere much faster than me.

Not attention seeking by the way - I just though if one person modified their driving due to my small insignificant post - well then the world might be a better place.

Driving like a madman (or possibly madwoman) - you cut me up coming along the A61 at shalesmoor and then swerved past various other people in your hurry to get up netherthorpe road to brookhill roundabout.

You proceeded to zoom about whenever possible all the way to fulwood village where I finally lost sight of you careering up brooklands avenue and then whitfield road.)

When was this? Was it black? It didn't have any damage to the front did it? It's just that some idiot drove hard into the side of a bus in Fulwood last night and then reversed and left the scene at high speed.

Actually, looking at the shape of the Land Rover, it can't have been. This vehicle was a much sleeker shape, like the Audi 4x4.

Edited by irenewilde
thinking about things a bit more!

its so funny all the people that pull 4x4 down saying 4x4 drivers think they own the road and this that and the other but your the first people when its snows can you pull me out im stuck iv been here for 2 hours i wish i had a 4x4 as you can tell iv a disco thanks DAZ p.s YOU CAN GO FAST I CAN GO ANY WHERE

^^

People on this thread were coming around to Land Rover owners, then this post appears...

Fact is, it's all been said before - Yes there are a ridiculously large number of bad drivers in the world. However they are not just limited to 4x4's...

On a side note, if an Impreza was driving round the estate like a crazy whatnot, would someone here make a thread called "Stupid 4x4 with stickers had me in tears!"? I doubt it would be related to as a 4x4, despite the obvious.. Instead people seem to reserve a special hatred for large cars. Some would call it jealousy, but really i think its dimwittedness mostly

ive had loads of cars,4x4s carn't beat 4x4s big,safe must have when you've got kids there's nobs in cars,4x4s,lorrys on bikes etc its the way of life

if people seen what ive seen they'd slow down

never happen to me IT WILL ONE DAY

I hate these kinds of post.

Why do you write as if you're speaking to the person in question, then proceed to tell them exactly what they did?

I think you know that there's pretty much no chance of this person reading your post, and you're just whining to everyone else, under the guise of chastising someone directly.

It was obvious from the title what the thread would be like.

If you hate these kinds of posts, why did you bother opening the thread, let alone posting on it?

Ha ha, Both off road at the moment. Hopefully ready for the summer, wiating for this years winter spell. Missed out on the last lot of playing in the snow in December :(

Q: What's the opposite of a perpetual motion machine?

A: A Land Rover.

Hehe.