Speed gone ?? looks like it

BLADES-EELA

i think you have a big point, im starting to think that McCabe picks managers on their reputation of their playing days, and we all know that good players dont always make good managers. I think we should let him (speed) go, go back to basics, pick a proven manager whos already done the business, see this season as a right-off, and get to mid table. The club needs stabilising because if we don't act now, we'll be in serious trouble in april.

Well said mate, i'm obviously having a dig being a Wednesday fan but McCabe has badly mismanaged united and now he walks away and the fans pay for it.

He was sacked as per the definition "removed from his job", the settlement appears to have been concluded around about the 17/9/10.

So are you arguing that a succesful and competent manager should receive less in compensation, than a club should get for the release of a less succesful one.

Titanic, if Speed does go SUFC will be looking for someone who fancies taking control of a sinking ship. Far be it for me to but in but have you thought --------------------------------------------------:rolleyes:

Titanic, if Speed does go SUFC will be looking for someone who fancies taking control of a sinking ship. Far be it for me to but in but have you thought --------------------------------------------------:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be able to resist telling McCabe how to run the ship properly; which in turn could lead to keeping them afloat.

So no I don't really fancy it thank you!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_of_wales/9274410.stm

The thing I can't fathom is, why do Wales want Speed as manager?

Speed out, O'Driscoll or Hughton in. Please santa... please...

i dont understand why the fans havent given him (speed) flack, ive got nothing against him, but he does seem the blue eyed boy. I know blackwell had his faults but he's noway a better manager than blackwell was. I would like to see O'Drisoll or Hughton, I would also like to see phil brown at the lane. We need a manager who's going to install a bit of metal in the team, because we seem to have lost it.

i dont understand why the fans havent given him (speed) flack, ive got nothing against him, but he does seem the blue eyed boy. I know blackwell had his faults but he's noway a better manager than blackwell was. I would like to see O'Drisoll or Hughton, I would also like to see phil brown at the lane. We need a manager who's going to install a bit of metal in the team, because we seem to have lost it.

Blades do seem to have more patience than owls, three weeks ago on here they were calling for irvines head and slagging him to bits.

Last week they were wanting him for manager of the month.

Stability is al well and good and I think Speed should be given a little bit longer but the cracks are begining to appear in the fans patience.

Blades do seem to have more patience than owls, three weeks ago on here they were calling for irvines head and slagging him to bits.

Last week they were wanting him for manager of the month.

Stability is al well and good and I think Speed should be given a little bit longer but the cracks are begining to appear in the fans patience.

agree, but speed not coming out and saying, no, im staying as sheffield utd manager gives unstability, him not doing this totally says it all... it looks like the board are prepared to give him time and stick with him, but he's got "no comment" which leads to him giving to club the unstability, not anyone else.