Motorcycle shops long gone?

The bike shop in High St Ecclesfield was Smiths

I was married to Wilf Green's youngest Son, Martin. If anyone remembers anything about the Family or Business before 1973 I would appreciate a bit of History for my Ancestry Tree.I am completely stuck on their ancesters.

Cheers

My brother worked at Wilf Greens in early 60s think most of Wilfs family worked there at that time including Mrs Green, Arthur and Mary

Ah, but there's nothing like the smell of a big BSA cooling down after a fast run on a rainy day - the steam coming off the engine block, mixed with the aroma of oil and grease..... But come to think of it, my grandma's breadcakes cooling down, or a lamb joint roasting in her fire oven - they smelled better!.:)

Old bikes and Plus Gas takes you back years

wow brings back memories ya spares up stairs mr crump brian english cant remember the name of the old lady who ran the place Ravi worked there for a bit and a guy called Glen Norton, who ran the a57 garage on handsworth at one time happy days .

I worked at Dan Bradbury's from 1969 to about 73 Graham Crump,Ray Moss,Mick Warbuton,Reg Dalton and of course the Italian guy Arnaldo or Rav as every one new him. Rav in fact worked for Lambretta before Dans the "old ladys" name was Mrs Varney happy days indeed with those lads we loved to test the bikes for sale by taking them out to Ringinglow and Burbage edge, any excuse eh! What Rav didn't know about Lambrettas wasn't worth knowing.

i used to go in the flamingo/discjocky and take five in the early 60s on my ariel leader

Only just found this site so it's a late reply.All our lads from The Smugglers on Middlewood Rd used to go in Flamingo,Disc Jockey and Take 5 in the early 60s.I used to ride a featherbed model50 Norton,a Crusader Sports or a Shooting Star.Happy days.

Only just found this site so it's a late reply.All our lads from The Smugglers on Middlewood Rd used to go in Flamingo,Disc Jockey and Take 5 in the early 60s.I used to ride a featherbed model50 Norton,a Crusader Sports or a Shooting Star.Happy days.
Do you remember Darkie Brian and Bill with the Beard I think they both had Tiger 110s,Brian married Pat Ransome.Amilo,you were the bugger that gave us all broncitus.:D

I also remember Malcolm Allott with the Goldie and Alan Fowler with the Royal Oilfield,we all went up to Coronation Park at Oughtibridge.

I also remember Malcolm Allott with the Goldie and Alan Fowler with the Royal Oilfield,we all went up to Coronation Park at Oughtibridge.

Does anyone remember Sheffield Northend motorcycle club that met at the Wharncliffe Hotel , Firth Park?

My friend who is very old now was the secretary for the Sheffield North End in the mid fifties

Hi mickdn,I have in my posession the photo of Wilf and Arthur who was very young at the time with a bike Wilf had built for him,this photo hung in Wilfs shop for as long as I can remember.Wilf was a mate of mine over many years.

My friend who is very old now was the secretary for the Sheffield North End in the mid fifties

The reason I asked about the club was I read an ad in a 1937 copy of "The Motorcycle" for a run they were going on to Boston in July of that year, it made me wonder if they made it through the nightmare that was just around the corner the second world war. It seemed in stark contrast to my youth I was born in 1946 so partied through the 60s at the Wharncliffe Hotel on Friday nights, we would buy spark plugs oil and petrol for our bikes from Credlands garage, the meeting point for their run on that July morning. I decided that because this year was the 75 th anniversary of their run I would do it myself which I did in June a bloke in Barnsley made me a plaque for back of bike.

Hi mickdn,I have in my posession the photo of Wilf and Arthur who was very young at the time with a bike Wilf had built for him,this photo hung in Wilfs shop for as long as I can remember.Wilf was a mate of mine over many years.

Like I said my brother John worked at Wilf Greens in the 60s in the stores and I know he has many fond memories of his time there