Motorcycle shops long gone?

What bike did you do the run on,was it a classic or vintage,You are a few years younger than me,we used to go to the Wharncliffe regularly and had some great nights and a couple of mates worked at Credlands when they were Ford dealers but like Credlands are long gone.

Got a good one can any one remember the shop on on abbeydale road across from edgedale road selling Harley davisons they spent ££££ on the shop opend with a massiv free party and I think they lasted about 12 months cerca 1980s

was it called something like "All American Dream Machine" to do with Bentleys?"

Edited by ken m

was it called something like "All American Dream Machine" to do with Bentleys?"

I think it was a bit further towards town,opposite where Bentleys was.It's an oak furniture shop now,I think. I don't think it was anything to do with Bentleys.In fact ,was Bentleys still there by then?

It was nothing to do with Bentleys,I went to the opening and it appeared a guy with a little white beard and hair owned it they were selling AMF harleys and they were absolute crap they turned rusty if you went through the mist.The shop didnt last long.There was a shop selling Harleys opposite Bentleys but then again they had no connection with it other than leasing the premises,that didnt stay long either.

As a kid in my early teens round about '74 onwards me & my mates would spend alot of our spare time touring the many motorbike & related spares shops ( i know, i know) dreaming and drooling at the machines we would one day be riding. We'd go to places like Smiths(spittal hill), Bentleys(abbeydale rd), Grays(west st) and even go outa town to Charlie Freemans(eckington) or Pollards(dinnington) could name plenty others, all gone now though.. Well it was a hobby ... Anyone else?.. Discuss... And did you realise your dream, what bike did you get/now got?
there was also wraggs on abeydale road .

i RODE SCOOTERS THEN IN THE EARLY 6OS BUT NOW RIDE A 1200 TRIUMPH .

I did it on a 1989 BMW K100 I picked up cheap a couple of years ago it's proved to be a really good bike, a bit heavy to push around but once you're movin' it's great. My dad was in the second world war n it just makes you realise that even those who survived lost 6 or 7 years of the prime of their lives. I think of all the happy times spent with mates biking since I left school at 15 back in 1961.

Thats not a bad bike ,Ihad a k100rs in 1992 went like stink but was hopeless on corners.I had Beemers since 1977 and still have a 1978 R80 I also have a harley softail but thats rubbish but due too a back problem I cant get my leg over much else,there Ive left myself wide open for comments. WHITEBIKE1 Wraggs Abbeydale Rd ????

[quote=bullerboY;I cant get my leg over much else,there Ive left myself wide open for comments.

So you're telling us that you have a softail now then, ha ha.

.................................................e

Edited by rickisteel

Thats not a bad bike ,Ihad a k100rs in 1992 went like stink but was hopeless on corners.I had Beemers since 1977 and still have a 1978 R80 I also have a harley softail but thats rubbish but due too a back problem I cant get my leg over much else,there Ive left myself wide open for comments. WHITEBIKE1 Wraggs Abbeydale Rd ????

I've also got a Harley it's a78 ironhead sportster needs a bit of work tho' must have had it about 20 years now. Would love another Brit bike but funds wont allow at the moment.