The 2010/2011 snow Megathread

The Met Office appear to have sat on the fence just now by taking off their Flash Warnings.

They have downgraded to "be aware" from "be prepared" and have said there is a 'chance' of overnight snow and icy roads tomorrow.

Although the in depth 24 hour forecast has not been changed and still shows 'Heavy Snow Showers' all night and just 'Heavy Snow' for all of tomorrow.

The Met Office appear to have sat on the fence just now by taking off their Flash Warnings.

They have downgraded to "be aware" from "be prepared" and have said there is a 'chance' of overnight snow and icy roads tomorrow.

Although the in depth 24 hour forecast has not been changed and still shows 'Heavy Snow Showers' all night and just 'Heavy Snow' for all of tomorrow.

:sad:

Oh no, they might change it to say no snow now

:sad:

Oh no, they might change it to say no snow now

To be fair yesterday they said we'd get upto 4 inches of snow, on my front garden we've got 18-20 inches.

I think they are probably monitoring the front moving in to see whether the winds carry it south and how much moisture it picks up from the North Sea.

I personally still think there's a good chance of further not-insignificant snow, and it looks like the weather-men/women on the news agree :)

To be fair yesterday they said we'd get upto 4 inches of snow, on my front garden we've got 18-20 inches.

I think they are probably monitoring the front moving in to see whether the winds carry it south and how much moisture it picks up from the North Sea.

I personally still think there's a good chance of further not-insignificant snow, and it looks like the weather-men/women on the news agree :)

Well, I believe you.. You've been right the past 2 nights