The 2010/2011 snow Megathread

You're better with a proper spade (as in the gardening tool), those plastic shovels don't pick up compacted snow very well... was a right pain clearing the drive/path/road this morning!

Yeah I was thinking maybe I should have bought one before the snow became compacted :D . But I reckon it should work with gritting salt? If not I'll just get a shovel.

Wilkinsons? I use a plastic dustpan (without the brush) xxx

I totally forgot about Wilkinsons :hihi: . I'll go there tomorrow morning to see what they've got. There is one close, very convenient since I don't have a car. It really needs to be done since it has become this slippery mess.

Yeah I was thinking maybe I should have bought one before the snow became compacted :D . But I reckon it should work with gritting salt? If not I'll just get a shovel.

Yeah, I would get a proper shovel tbh. And you'll need to shovel away snow before you can grit or it wont work :P

Oh, and I shovelled and gritted earlier, and it's already covered in snow again.

Hello, anyone have any idea about the general situation out in Penistone? It's pretty thick on the ground here in S10 now.

The roads were clear this morning and I think they're still fairly clear, although the side roads and Huddersfield Road are pretty nightmarish... hence why PGS is closed :)

Yeah, I would get a proper shovel tbh. And you'll need to shovel away snow before you can grit or it wont work :P

Oh, and I shovelled and gritted earlier, and it's already covered in snow again.

Ok I'll do that :) . I'm not very experienced with clearing snow from paths :hihi:.