The 2010/2011 snow Megathread

Thats seriously cold, i know people say its winter it will be cold, but the last 3 years have had some good cold spells, i wonder if there is something behind why winters appear to be going back from the mild wet and windy days of say 10/15 years ago?:confused:

Some pundits are blaming the 'quiet' sun and even suggesting we may be on the verge of a Maunder Minimum scenario, which has been linked to the Little Ice Age.

Some pundits are blaming the 'quiet' sun and even suggesting we may be on the verge of a Maunder Minimum scenario, which has been linked to the Little Ice Age.

Well there must be something which appears to have set the trend for this cold air. I read nick clegg said that we may have to look into investing in better equipment if we are to deal with this every winter:hihi:

I want it to get to -26 here... :( right unfair.

Why? Are you insane?

Found this, maybe we are in for a 'brief' cold spell after all.

'Brief' in the grand scale of things anyway - brrrrr! :hihi:

I'm not terribly confident of our ability to accurately predict activity in systems as complex and interwoven as the Earth's climate. I do think that we can tell a lot about the future by looking in to the past. Here's one of my favorite graphs. This is temperature data spanning the last 400,000 years as extrapolated from Vostok ice-cores. No points for spotting the pattern...
- "treesdancing; a member of AboveTopSecret.com", "New Ice Age 'to begin in 2014" LINK

Legal

I just LOVE snow!!! Wish we had proper sunny summers and proper snowy winters! But it never happens!

Other countries embrace snow by being prepared so that when i comes it can be thoroughly enjoyed without the cities coming to a stand still and people panicking!

I hope it does, a lot :D

Mainly just to bug people like you who hate it :hihi:

haha well it's a great inconvenience to those of us who leave for work early morning.

It's a nuisance for most normal people. Y ou like snow move to Russia :)

Thats when our winters will be finished with the snow, till then we are entering an ice age again:hihi:

well atleast it will kill the need for freezers.

well atleast it will kill the need for freezers.

Just as well, govt. energy policy is that we won't have enough power available for freezers to work anyway :hihi:

According to the BBC we're in for a heatwave on Friday, it will be up to 1C!

Nat...who pays your heating bills? :help:

Heating!? what's that? currently 10 degrees in my house. :help:

I'm poorly and its so cold in the house even though heating been on all the time - beware when having a new kitchen because the cold is shooting up from the cellar - wish we had invested in underfloor heating - must be our terraced house? Cant have cavity wall insulation only got loft insulation so its boiling in attic and 16 degrees in kitchen x