Decent areas in sheffield.

What are they.

Apart from Dore, totley and all the other areas i cant afford to live in..lol

Im looking for a council house and need to pick 3 areas.

I currently live at S14 and hate it!!!

Can anyone recomend a decent (or even semi decent ) area to move to?

Sheffield 8

I'm in Woodseats and never known a problem ok there may be some when the pubs come out but thats the same every where dont believe what you might read on here

there isnt any nice areas in sheffield any more its all a dump dont go near s5 full of scrap men and drug dealers and dole dossers and i know i live here for the last 6 years

Crookes! Is the lower end S10, but is buzzing with life, and is really friendly, and feels really safe. Lots of lovely old properties. Not as expensive as Crosspool etc, but in the same mileu. I LOVE living here. Lots of houses for sale round here at the moment!

I live in s5 and it's not that bad. I havn't seen a scrap man in a long time, not seen any drug dealers too(but not really been looking). Theres a lot worse areas then s5 to live.

What are they.

Apart from Dore, totley and all the other areas i cant afford to live in..lol

Im looking for a council house and need to pick 3 areas.

I currently live at S14 and hate it!!!

Can anyone recomend a decent (or even semi decent ) area to move to?

Are the rents charged in Dore and Totley a lot more expensive than other areas of Sheffield? But having said that, a mate of mine who is Totley born and bred, put his name down for a flat and had to wait until he was 60 to get one. The Totley Brook and Greenoak council estates are overflowing with asylum seekers, benefit claimants and a plethora of chavs.

Edited by crookesey

there isnt any nice areas in sheffield any more its all a dump dont go near s5 full of scrap men and drug dealers and dole dossers and i know i live here for the last 6 years

Yes, let's all celebrate diversity!!

Have a drive round and have a look round a few areas, lots of places get pulled and slated by people who have never even lived in that place.

Have you got any family or friends you want to be close to, could put areas close to them on.

Good luck

Edited by summa

Beauchief is very pleasant area, leafy, quiet, lovely walks.

s12.....loads of nice boozers and on the tram route...

Beauchief is very pleasant area, leafy, quiet, lovely walks.

leafy:hihi: brilliant never ever have i heard an area descrebed as leafy!:thumbsup:

Am I missing something? Put most of the areas you've mentioned Woodseats, Beauchief... there's hardly any council properties? Basegreen seems pretty quiet to me