Real ale pubs in Town

There are also 3 breweries in this area - Sheffield Brewery Company, Little Ale Cart and Crown Brewery.

Little Ale Cart is also host to brewers from Steel City and White Rose.

Isn't that 5 breweries, even if White Rose and Steel City do share with Little Ale Cart?

Also, Kelham Island Brewery linked to the Fat Cat, and does The Brew Company count, seeing as their tap pub is the Harlequin?

My OH says 'has anyone mentioned The Wellington near the Shalesmoor tram stop?' Apparently he liked it in there.

I'm quite fond of the Wellie myself, although I've been drinking more in the Sheffield Tap of late.

We are spoilt for choice round these parts really. :D

Trippets is open Mon 12 - 6ish Tues to Thurs 12 - 12 Fri 12 - 1 and Sat 3 - 1. On tap now we have the usual 3 Thornbridge house ales Jaipur, Hopton and Wild Swan (Red Lion) and the 2 other Thornbridge ales are the Christmas Merri http://beerevolution.wordpress.com/2009/11/12/merrie-merrie-not-contrary/ and Thornstar a collaberation beer with Darkstar brewery http://beerevolution.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/when-dark-star-met-thornbridge/ Also in attendance is Kelhams Merry Christmas Baby, Wentworths Ruby Robin, and Bradfields awesome Belgian Blue. Pop in.....

I had a pint of Thornstar last week. It was bloody gorgeous!

The Cobden has a few good real ales - well according to my head the next morning anyhow!

I had a pint of Thornstar last week. It was bloody gorgeous!

Sheffield Tap yesterday had the collaboration beers Thornbidge did with both DarkStar & Fyne Ales. Both black IPA's, both very good.

Sheffield Tap yesterday had the collaboration beers Thornbidge did with both DarkStar & Fyne Ales. Both black IPA's, both very good.

Yes, the Thornstar was a black IPA. I'm off to the station in an hour so maybe a swift one to ease the pain of travelling to L**ds...

The Red Deer on Pitt Street is now good again.

Here is the full list of pubs which serve at least one real ale in the City Centre (off the top of my head), asterix indicates those with a wider range:

University Arms*

Red Deer*

Bath Hotel*

Wick at Both Ends

Varsity

S1

Swim Inn (Wetherspoons)*

Mentholmans West Street Live

Fagans

Trippets*

Dog & Partridge

Grapes

Devonshire Cat*

Washington

Forum

Common Room

Old House*

Bungalows & Bears

Frog & Parrot

Waterworks (Wetherspoons)*

Yates

Benjaman Huntsman (Wetherspoons)*

Sportsman

Henrys*

Museum

Bessemer

Graduate

Crucible Corner

Brown Bear

Dove & Rainbow*

All Bar One

Three Tuns

Bankers Draft (Wetherspoons)*

Globe

Howard

Old Queens Head

Penny Black

Sheffield Tap*

Showroom

Rutland Arms*

Red Lion

Roebuck

Royal Standard

Lord Nelson

Nelson Rock Bar

This is an extensive list well done for this its impressive, i hope this is just a list and not a pub crawl route. Oh you missed Bungalows and Bears they do a few cask ales.

My OH says 'has anyone mentioned The Wellington near the Shalesmoor tram stop?' Apparently he liked it in there.

This is the one which used to be the "Cask & Cutler". They have their own brewery out the back. I must say I've never had a bad pint there, but in terms of clientele......you're looking at a charabanc outing from the local geek asylum.

This is the one which used to be the "Cask & Cutler". They have their own brewery out the back. I must say I've never had a bad pint there, but in terms of clientele......you're looking at a charabanc outing from the local geek asylum.

Indeed. This encapsulates it perfectly:

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4935/rat2.jpg

The staff are a bunch of nice blokes tho :)

Indeed. This encapsulates it perfectly:

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4935/rat2.jpg

The staff are a bunch of nice blokes tho :)

Hey, that is bloody brilliant. Is it from Viz? Problem is, these RATs really exist! Don't get me started on the "bottlers" and the bloke with the shopping trolley...

Agree in the main about the staff...however, on a bad day you can feel like you've just wandered into someone's house by mistake and are being humoured till they can get a police car out....

Don't get me started on the "bottlers" and the bloke with the shopping trolley...

Brian's actually a nice bloke. I think he's given up the ticking now.