Hillsborough disaster, where were you?

What a load of bunkum on this thread! I've been to hundreds of matches where fans have arrived late and having had a pint or two. Were there any deaths? No.

I've also been to far larger events with much bigger crowds and guess what? They were all filtered safely in to the stadium.

Have posters really managed to fail to notice the facts as they have unravelled, or is it just easier to blame the Liverpool fans than to look closer to home?

It is an absolute disgrace that Hillsborough families still have to read this tripe on the internet after all these years.

Count yourselves as bad as 'The Sun' for perpetuating such garbage. YES, SOME FANS WERE DRUNK. YES, SOME FANS ARRIVED LATE. IT HAPPENS AT EVERY MATCH. PEOPLE DON'T DIE AT EVERY MATCH. USE YOUR BRAINS.

Were you there? Did you see the ticketless drunken mob? I did, I was there I saw for myself what they were like. Couldn't believe how much they were swigging back, including vodka straight from the bottle.

I personally don,t think anything will get really sorted at this inquest it is just a witch hunt that do will do no good , after all the inquest is situated in warrington as are the jurors which incase you don,t know is all in the liverpool postcode catchment area so in my opinion will make for a biased trial, this inquest if it was to go ahead should have been in a neutral area say birmingham , newcastle london etc somewhere not linked at all with any aspect of the case to guarantee a neutral finding .

Were you there? Did you see the ticketless drunken mob? I did, I was there I saw for myself what they were like. Couldn't believe how much they were swigging back, including vodka straight from the bottle.

No, I was elsewhere in Sheffield. Were you in the actual ground?

Did you see the ticketless drunken mob? I did, I was there I saw for myself what they were like.

No, I didn't. To be honest I think I'd find it quite hard to distinguish a ticketless mob. Unless of course, you were a steward or police officer with the power to stop them and determine if they had tickets but we all know this didn't happen this particular year, don't we.

If they all were waving their tickets in the air, then I'd be able to distinguish them as a ticket-holding mob, but then that would be rather bizarre behaviour, wouldn't it?

Could I ask how you knew the mob was ticketless?

Don't tell me, 'they were all bragging about how they had not got tickets and you managed to decipher every utterance from individuals in the mob'

---------- Post added 01-04-2014 at 16:10 ----------

I personally don,t think anything will get really sorted at this inquest it is just a witch hunt that do will do no good

Do you think all inquests are witch hunts? :huh:

They will keep having inquest's until the families get the result that they want. Why is it going to take 12 months for the inquest. Don't they only have to hear any new evidence?.

Edited by graz gp

No, I was elsewhere in Sheffield. Were you in the actual ground?

No, I didn't. To be honest I think I'd find it quite hard to distinguish a ticketless mob. Unless of course, you were a steward or police officer with the power to stop them and determine if they had tickets but we all know this didn't happen this particular year, don't we.

If they all were waving their tickets in the air, then I'd be able to distinguish them as a ticket-holding mob, but then that would be rather bizarre behaviour, wouldn't it?

Could I ask how you knew the mob was ticketless?

Don't tell me, 'they were all bragging about how they had not got tickets and you managed to decipher every utterance from individuals in the mob'

---------- Post added 01-04-2014 at 16:10 ----------

Yes, I was in the ground, and no I wasn't a steward or a police officer.

Walking on Leppings Lane towards the ground and passing a large group a police officer went up to them and said "Can you make your way into the ground lads its quarter to three" They just stood and looked at him.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out why they didn't go into the ground as others were doing who had tickets.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out why they didn't go into the ground as others were doing who had tickets.

No, Derren Brown perhaps. :rolleyes:

Do you think perhaps they were waiting until they felt it was safe to get closer to the entrance, what with all the crushing already going on at that time? The people seated above Leppings Lane terraces were already pulling people up to safety at 25 to 3.

Edited by Mr Bloom

The lie I reflect on was the one about the residents of Leppings Lane showing kindness and taking the heartbroken Liverpool supporters into their homes. I was on Leppings Lane after the match was abandoned and they had to place cops in the front gardens to stop them damaging the houses.

Incidentally I also gave a statement to the Birmingham cops afterwards, outlining the disgraceful fan behavior that I witnessed. No one has called me to update my statement.

Could it be that opinions like mine do not actually assist the preferred outcome?

My sympathy is with the dead. They were entirely innocent genuine football fans.

Increasingly it is with the Police, the refusal to place the blame were it belongs, with drunken thugs who have never been brought to book is a national disgrace.

I was there.

The lie I reflect on was the one about the residents of Leppings Lane showing kindness and taking the heartbroken Liverpool supporters into their homes. I was on Leppings Lane after the match was abandoned and they had to place cops in the front gardens to stop them damaging the houses.

Incidentally I also gave a statement to the Birmingham cops afterwards, outlining the disgraceful fan behavior that I witnessed. No one has called me to update my statement.

Could it be that opinions like mine do not actually assist the preferred outcome?

My sympathy is with the dead. They were entirely innocent genuine football fans.

Increasingly it is with the Police, the refusal to place the blame were it belongs, with drunken thugs who have never been brought to book is a national disgrace.

I was there.

Have you checked to see if it's been altered?

Have you checked to see if it's been altered?

No I haven't, I am not aware of the process to do so can you assist me? That would be an interesting exercise.

I was too young when this happened. But when I told my (then new) supervisor I was living in Hillsborough his eyes filled up immediately. I connected his accent with Hillsborough and shut up about it not wanting to embarrass him. After the meeting we went for a coffee and he apologised (not sure why) and told me he was there but on the North Stand. He had seen the whole thing and it has scarred him for life.

My wife was born in Liverpool and her cousin is still as season-ticket holder, but she wasn't there and we never talked about it. When I spoke to my supervisor was the first time I realised what a tragedy it really was.

Its a terrible shame that the fans have been blamed historically and an even bigger one that they are still being blamed now even though evidence has emerged of malpractice and criminal activity by the police.

Its a terrible shame that the fans have been blamed historically and an even bigger one that they are still being blamed now even though evidence has emerged of malpractice and criminal activity by the police.

If sufficient evidence has emerged why haven't the perpetrators been prosecuted and why are we being subjected to this desperate farrago in Warrington.

The purpose of an inquest is to ascertain guilt. I am prepared to donate £100 to any charity the forum members wish if subsequent to this enquiry any Police officer is prosecuted and found guilty of any offence related to the disaster.

Are you and the others who have already made their minds up prepared to make the same commitment if they are found to be innocent?