Half of Batemoor without power

They may try to drag it on, but when it comes to lots of young families with no way to cook food / store food or wash clothes I think they may have to hurry up a bit or face a backlash in some way.

That is where the shop of their choice comes into it.

Maybe it will be the electricity suppliers that pay up.

People I know have been told that it is down to each person to claim from their own insurers as is is Theft.

Just looked out of my kitchen window and it's pretty much pitch black down the rest of the estate and police are everywhere including the helicopter.

They will have to produce a 42" Plasma TV that is burnt out.

To be able to claim on their insurance. The insurance companies

are not that gullible.

I have a fried 42" plasma i'm willing to rent out a £50 a go!!!!

lol:hihi::hihi::hihi:

People I know have been told that it is down to each person to claim from their own insurers as is is Theft.

Just looked out of my kitchen window and it's pretty much pitch black down the rest of the estate and police are everywhere including the helicopter.

Not everyone will be insured and the theft was from the electricity company not you.

I expect their will be some pushing and tugging with this one.

Is the supply still off then?.

I've been told the street lights are coming back on.

But they removed everyone's main fuses and have to replace them all before they can switch the residential power back on.

I assume they will do this one block/street at a time.

My Friends insurers did tell her she could claim for all meals eaten out during the time it takes to replace her cooking equipment @ £15 a head. Which is nice!

I live in the affected area near the ambulance station and the electricians have just been round to put mine back on in the last few minutes =)

thats like saying i was in walkley last night (which i was) and there wasn't a power cut (which there wasn't) and the two were linked (which they aren't)

Hahahahaha

I love it when the kids try to play with the grown ups.

My mate has just told me that they have nicked two youngsters off Jordanthorpe for it.

If it's the sub station I am thinking of it is next to the field where the circus is.

The circus has been there for years without incident and I doubt this one has anything to do with them.

The affected transformers are in the middle of the estate...not the one your thinking of.

hi my nan lives on whitethornes close at batemoor 1 of her friends tv set on fire last nite and was also told it was somethin 2 do wiv some copper wire this happened at 8.15am 2day they was told the electric wud b on by 10am but they are also still waitin

Appliances very rarely catch fire...they do smoke quite a bit though which can be a bit frightning.

180+ houses now have power...the remaining house's will be re-energised through the day on sunday.

Please be patient....there are only so many sparkies to go round!!

Are all sure it was someone nicking copper wire. How would anyone know?

Could be the council using the area for a trial run of the power cuts they are intending:suspect:

I hope when they are caught, they not only get charged with theft then, but it's also taken into consideration, all the lives they endangered with potential fires, tv burnouts, etc.

200 hrs community service if caught.....nailed on! What's the point!

I'd personally like to see sentances appropriate to the crime. Lock them in a cell with no heating, no tv and no lighting and feed them frozen food that is starting to defrost. Job done & put's the people who committed the act into the shoes of those who had suffered at the hands of the theiving morons!

Edited by Bedders

hi my nan lives on whitethornes close at batemoor 1 of her friends tv set on fire last nite and was also told it was somethin 2 do wiv some copper wire this happened at 8.15am 2day they was told the electric wud b on by 10am but they are also still waitin

I think you may have fried your keyboard, seems a few letters are not working properly??

or should this read

I tnk u fried ur kb, a few ltrs nt workin........

:hihi: :hihi:

On topic I agree with the other posts, there will be major insurance scamming going on in the area, I think most houses will have everything electrical blow!!