Oh no, what a shame! I liked this pub!! :(

Yes, Platillo's is their sister pub.

I guess Sylvesters will do better now!

Oh no, what a shame! I liked this pub!! :(

Yes, Platillo's is their sister pub.

I guess Sylvesters will do better now!

Sylvesters moved to Campo Lane.

Hope Platillo's survives!

I never liked it as much after the refurb. we went to eat there and had to sit in the new downstairs area, with no windows. we could've sat in the top bit but only to have cold tapas.

not my idea of a good business model, when the top bit is much nicer with more atmosphere.

At least their statement sounds honest. "We tried our best, but failed". Can't begrudge them that. If they are as honest as they sound good luck to them with their other ventures.

No shafting of suppliers, disposal of assets, quiet change of ownership at knockdown price, and press release to hide the facts. Not naming any names of course. :suspect:

Sylvesters moved to Campo Lane.

Hope Platillo's survives!

Yes, I know its moved to Campo Lane - that's why I said it will do better now that the Wig and Pen has closed, because it is the next pub down the road from it.

Seemed to go wrong when the prices went up and the quality went down, not long after the refurb/extension.

Doesn't surprise me really. Last year I went to pick the wife up from a Fridaynight out and there were about 6 people in a 10pm. The price of the drinks wouldn't help!

Seemed to go wrong when the prices went up and the quality went down, not long after the refurb/extension.

Agreed on that - had many an enjoyable session in there and some amazing food before the refurb/they got rid of the head chef.

After the refurb... service struggled, bad beer and medicore food...

It's a great looking bar in a great spot, but you can't get away with bad food/beer and charge the earth for it. Nice idea to make a quick buck but guarentees that customers don't come back.

Shame it's gone, was a great spot a couple of years ago.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately the draw for me to go there was that it *was* always quiet and cosy - even at weekends. Obviously that isn't good for business tho.

Wish them luck for their next venture!