Manchester airport security scanners, now compulsory, men see women naked !

I flew San Francisco to Los Angles not so long ago and from what i can remember at sercurity i had to stand in some sort of capsule with my arms above my head. I have no idea what images where been taken and to be honest at the time i didnt put that much thought into it.

The idea of full body scanners doesn't really bother me.

No images, you just beeped when you walked through the first scan, wand was used to find out what made you beep.:)

As is frequently the case on Forums I`m amazed at some of the answers on here. I suspect many of them are Forum answers*. Assuming some of these people actually mean what they say I`m really rather sad at the cowed "we do as we`re told" attitudes of these persons. I wonder how many of them are men, I mean that in the literal sense, as opposed to real men who actually stand up for themselves........

At the end of the day if some people are happy to go into these scanners then that`s up to them, but I don`t see how anyone can argue with the fact people should be given a choice, like they were when these things first came out. If you don`t want to have your body seen by persons unknown, you should be allowed to choose a body pat down.

As for people saying if you don`t like them don`t travel by air, they`re definitely Forum answers, plus to wind people up, obviously, and as such are not worthy of an answer.

* Things people who you talk to in everyday life never, or very rarely, say.

How would being given a choice be put into practice? I'd rather that than a body body pat down, I'm not really keen on some stranger running their hands up and down my body.

'Ah, Sir, could I just ask whether you have any bomb making devices concealed about your person?'

'Nope.'

'OK then, through you go, have a nice flight - next'.

'Ah, Madam, could I just ask whether you have any bomb making devices concealed about your person?'

'Yes, why do you ask?'

'Into the bodyscanner you go then'.

(Security guy nods a wink to machine operator, which translates as 'check this one out, great tits'. Operator makes a note to save the image and calls colleagues into the booth to have a good gawp.)

I'm very concerned about the safety of going into a machine like this and what effect the electromagnetism would have on my pacemaker.

I have to avoid magnets, loudspeakers, and the metal detector thingummies, as well as being careful when I go though the security barriers in a shop.

I'm very concerned about the safety of going into a machine like this and what effect the electromagnetism would have on my pacemaker.

I have to avoid magnets, loudspeakers, and the metal detector thingummies, as well as being careful when I go though the security barriers in a shop.

Presumably, there are exemptions for people like yourself and pregnant women etc. I expect that you would be patted down.

As is frequently the case on Forums I`m amazed at some of the answers on here. I suspect many of them are Forum answers*. Assuming some of these people actually mean what they say I`m really rather sad at the cowed "we do as we`re told" attitudes of these persons. I wonder how many of them are men, I mean that in the literal sense, as opposed to real men who actually stand up for themselves........

At the end of the day if some people are happy to go into these scanners then that`s up to them, but I don`t see how anyone can argue with the fact people should be given a choice, like they were when these things first came out. If you don`t want to have your body seen by persons unknown, you should be allowed to choose a body pat down.

As for people saying if you don`t like them don`t travel by air, they`re definitely Forum answers, plus to wind people up, obviously, and as such are not worthy of an answer.

* Things people who you talk to in everyday life never, or very rarely, say.

My bold

You really do have some issues, don't you? I mean, apart from your obsession about people being desperate to ogle you and everybody else, instead of just concentrating on their job. And saying that you wouldn't have a problem with a scanner if the operator was sitting there half-naked to check you out!

My attitude towards the use of the body scanner has absolutely bugger all to do with having a "we do as we're told" attitude - I genuinely do not care that the fuzzy grey image of me may be viewed by a man. Neither would I find it humiliating to be told to stand in a certain position for the scan to take place.

I'm more than happy to complain and stand my ground over genuine issues that bother me - this just doesn't happen to be one of them.

My bold

You really do have some issues, don't you? I mean, apart from your obsession about people being desperate to ogle you and everybody else, instead of just concentrating on their job. .

I suggested that back in post 100, there is something going on isn’t there ……….as for the idea that to be a real man you have to stamp your feet and throw a wobbler. :hihi:

I suggested that back in post 100, there is something going on isn’t there ……….as for the idea that to be a real man you have to stamp your feet and throw the dummy out of the pram. :hihi:

I guess that I'm not a real man then. That will be a relief to my husband.