Manchester airport security scanners, now compulsory, men see women naked !

My bold

You really do have some issues, don't you? I mean, apart from your obsession about people being desperate to ogle you and everybody else, instead of just concentrating on their job. And saying that you wouldn't have a problem with a scanner if the operator was sitting there half-naked to check you out!

My attitude towards the use of the body scanner has absolutely bugger all to do with having a "we do as we're told" attitude - I genuinely do not care that the fuzzy grey image of me may be viewed by a man. Neither would I find it humiliating to be told to stand in a certain position for the scan to take place.

I'm more than happy to complain and stand my ground over genuine issues that bother me - this just doesn't happen to be one of them.

So why would you think they have withdrawn the option for a body search ?

Can someone answer me something ?

Not one of the people we`ve spoken to about this has been happy about it, certainly not the women.

That even applied to the ladies working in Boots at Manchester airport !

There first response was the usual "well if it makes us safer" (we`ll ignore the obvious answer, we`re pretty safe at the moment), but when told that it might be a bloke looking at it, neither of them were happy about it. And neither has any woman we`ve spoken to. So how come loads of people on here say they don`t have a problem with it (assuming some of them are women) ? That`s what I mean about Forum answers, they`re just not the same as answers that people give you in the real world......

That`s what I mean about Forum answers, they`re just not the same as answers that people give you in the real world......

So why keep posting if you already have your own answers, have you got the news on right now.?

Heightened terrorist alert across Europe and all we can discuss is the possibility of being offended about a fuzzy grey image somehow being misused.

Edited by Grandad.Malky

So why would you think they have withdrawn the option for a body search ?

Resources? It's probably more time intensive and I'm sure that the body pat will be an option for pregnant women and those with certain medical conditions, for whom the scanner would pose a health threat.

Not one of the people we`ve spoken to about this has been happy about it, certainly not the women.

There first response was the usual "well if it makes us safer" (we`ll ignore the obvious answer, we`re pretty safe at the moment), but when told that it might be a bloke looking at it, neither of them were happy about it. And neither has any woman we`ve spoken to. So how come loads of people on here say they don`t have a problem with it (assuming some of them are women) ? That`s what I mean about Forum answers, they`re just not the same as answers that people give you in the real world......

I don't think that anyone is jumping for joy about it, but some anonymous bod getting a 2 second glance of an outline of my body is not going to give me sleepless nights. I've been subjected to far worse.

That's reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly interesting, because, everyone I've asked has said this is a load of cobblers.

Not one person has said, when shown the evidence, that they'd be in the least bothered about it.

So clearly, it's the hysterical way in which you're asking.

What's worse, six pages in and you're still harping on about it! It's what, 30 seconds in a scanner every time you go on holiday. It's hardly every day.

Although maybe if it was every day you'd man up a bit and stop going on about it...

Well, I'm a woman - and a mature one of 58 at that - and I'm not having a dicky fit at the thought of some man getting a quick glimpse of my fuzzy outline on screen!

As for the "Forum answers" nonsense, you might say one thing in real life and post something else on t'interweb, but I certainly don't. Why on earth would I? What would be the point of saying I wouldn't mind a body scan if I did object?

Why can't you just accept the fact that, because the people you know object, it doesn't mean that everybody else must?

As for the ladies in Boots at Manchester Airport - that tale sounds a little strange to me, as you'd have to be bloody thick not to be able to work out that the scans might be viewed by men sometimes.

And, if they were really that concerned about the possibility of a man seeing their fuzzy outline, wouldn't they have asked about that when they were told they'd need to be scanned???

I'm very concerned about the safety of going into a machine like this and what effect the electromagnetism would have on my pacemaker.

I have to avoid magnets, loudspeakers, and the metal detector thingummies, as well as being careful when I go though the security barriers in a shop.

They don't work by electromagnetism, they use a thin X-ray beam that scans back and forth to build up the picture.

You wouldn't suffer any more harm than the rest of us, but I think we should all be concerned by the routine use of X-rays on healthy people. X-rays are very useful medically, but I don't think they should be used routinely as a security measure.

They don't work by electromagnetism, they use a thin X-ray beam that scans back and forth to build up the picture.

You wouldn't suffer any more harm than the rest of us, but I think we should all be concerned by the routine use of X-rays on healthy people. X-rays are very useful medically, but I don't think they should be used routinely as a security measure.

are you sure? in the article it says electromagnetism...?